Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Exporting one page to C drive

Why can I not just export the code of one page to my hardrive? Why does it have to do all pages?

Xara is this hard to do? Why you do not include this?

Default Re: Exporting one page to C drive

Right click.
    Copy Page.
    New document,
    Right click
    Paste Page.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Right click.
    Copy Page.
    New document,
    Right click
    Paste Page.
    Working with the Page & Layer Gallery, that is. The click on the Thumbnail as Gary indicated.

For a site with Variants, you have to set them up in the new document.

Acorn

P.S. Xara Answer: https://help.xara.com/article/12-can...an-entire-page.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The website is all linked, many pages, I have to upload it to the server but I cant wait for hours for the site to output evertime I make a small change to a page.
    Yes my computer is slow but still it is the idea and how they programmed xara. I know you guys are amazing and always find ways to do things, but this can not be an excuse for Xara to not implement our ideas?

Gary, it is not as easy as you say. Each page is a different length and has links to other pages. I would have to manually change the length of each page if I want it to match the original site. Also eventually I have to upload it via ftp to the main site, this is not a great solution.

Info Re: Exporting one page to C drive

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    The website is all linked, many pages, I have to upload it to the server but I cant wait for hours for the site to output evertime I make a small change to a page.
    Yes my computer is slow but still it is the idea and how they programmed xara. I know you guys are amazing and always find ways to do things, but this can not be an excuse for Xara to not implement our ideas?
    behzad, you asked the wrong question then changed the gameplan. I have previously advised why such an approach is nigh impossible.

There are lots of strategies to make updating a large Xara design quicker.

The thrust of these approaches is not to create images, link to those you need only, avoid HiSlide, Shadows and Xara Widgets and NavBars.

• Create lines, circles and ellipses from rounded corner & skewed rectangles. All produce HTML without external calls.
    • Use Linear Fills only.
    • Use CSS for animations where possible.
    • Reference out to images and SVGs.
    • Always name images.
    • Never group text.
    • Use text over illustrations.
    • Compartmentalise through chuncking code, assets, context, ...

All the above creates a HTML-rich payload that does not need much in the way of updating.

It is a hard discipline to follow but you can then call yourself a designer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn. I still call myself a designer and the problem is that of Xara the tool not the designer. As usual I appreciate your input.