Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Two navigations bar on the same page

Hi Gary and Acorn, I'm happy to your answers.

I tried the suggests and I obtain the result you can see under. At this time I cannot give the result with the MouseDown layer and I only match the color of MouseOver and Off.
    But this workaround is good now but give me no really satisfaction so I think an another solution, If I make a primary bar in the index page with only the three firsts buttons and a secondary bar for the second page and next pages with the three first buttons and the another I think it's better.
    I will try this and make a review.

https://www.4shared.com/video/LclPaj...ar_better.html

I am sure we can resolve this for you.

Can you post your website XAR/WEB (if not too large) or place your current two NavBars in a new document and post it to the forum (use manage attachments and upload your XAR/WEB doc)

Can you confirm your objective is that when you mouseover your second NavBar, you do not want to see any button 'highlighted' in the main NavBar?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MouseOff_MouseOver_MouseDown.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	127298

Gary

Hi Gary, many thanks for your help and yes, the problem was the higlight in two buttons.
    But I think the solution was to simple for me for find it at the beginning.
    Now is good, in the index page I have a bar with the three buttons (the another buttons for navigate in the site are in the middle of the page, it's a "strategic" choice) and the another buttons are in the inside pages, see attached, for me is a good solution, what do you think ?

https://www.4shared.com/video/4We4Nl...av_bar_ok.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lylo View Post
    Hi Gary, many thanks for your help and yes, the problem was the highlight in two buttons.
    But I think the solution was to simple for me for find it at the beginning.
    Now is good, in the index page I have a bar with the three buttons (the another buttons for navigate in the site are in the middle of the page, it's a "strategic" choice) and the another buttons are in the inside pages, see attached, for me is a good solution, what do you think ?

https://www.4shared.com/video/4We4Nl...av_bar_ok.html
    It is good that you have achieved what you wanted, but I cannot open the 4Shared link. Maybe next time post one or more images JPEG/PNG, or a small XAR/WEB document.

Gary

Perhaps can you open this file in line http://88.120.17.243:16885/share/28G...20bar%20ok.mp4

If no, you can download the link, it's a mp4, 1,5mo

If it's impossible I come back later for some pictures.

Your MP4 works and I understand what you wanted to achieve.

For Page 2 and subsequent pages, the second menu does not need a MouseOver for the top level, but I understand you have set the MouseOff and MouseOver to be the same and it works.

I think the only addition was you wanted to retain a main menu MouseOver effect for Page 2 onwards, without highlighting the page you are on. I did this by creating a different main menu for Page 2 onwards that uses a MouseDown state, where the image is the same as the MouseOff state.

The MouseOver effect then works for the main menu without highlighting the page you are on.

I would not change what you have because it works, but you are welcome to take a look at Example 3.

There will be other ways of doing this, but I was curious to work out how it might be done!

Good luck - interesting site.

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Gary, yes it's a big site and I will have lot of work for it, so I hope resolve the issues quickly and certainly you will help me for anothers problems in the futur (I hope).

And now I'm happy, do you recognise this buttons ? http://88.120.17.243:16885/share/BC4...%20buttons.mp4

Many thanks for your help because your buttons are nice and very good for my navigation bar.

I have just one issue, it's not very visible in the vidéo but the menus don't pop up under the mouse with somes words. I think is because I strech the buttons from entire bar and the space for touch is not on all the words of each buttons, have you an idea to improve this please ? I try to modifie the first button but I don't find how to.

I am not sure from the video what you meant, but if you were referring to the vertical space between the submenu buttons, you can add a 'separator'. Other minor adjustments are possible. These are made from the NavBar Properties and Submenu Popup boxes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Standard Submenu Style.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	127306 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example 4 Menu.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	127307

Example 4 attached. Take a look and see what works for you - if you get stuck it would be best to post your own menus in a separate document here.

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Gary, good explanation for this box, thank you.

My issue is not for the submenu but for reveal the submenu.

For example, if I put the mouse on the words "jeux & enfants" the little hand apper only on "jeux" and I can click but not on "enfants", the pointer stay a pointer and don't go to a little hand. So is difficult to click.

Quote Originally Posted by Lylo View Post
    Hi Gary, good explanation for this box, thank you.

My issue is not for the submenu but for reveal the submenu.

For example, if I put the mouse on the words "jeux & enfants" the little hand apper only on "jeux" and I can click but not on "enfants", the pointer stay a pointer and don't go to a little hand. So is difficult to click.
    I cannot replicate that problem, but if you post your NavBar into a separate Xara doc and attach it here (manage attachments), I may be able to see the issue.

Gary