Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default My website sits at the bottom right hand side of the screen...

Hello. I have had xara web designer 16 for about 6 months and successfully made a website which I am pleased with. I needed to make another so thought I would duplicate the first website and then just change the graphics etc. The main thing was that I wanted to keep the same size of the pages and I knew that they would display correctly.

I duplicated it and made my changes. Then I previewed it. To my horror, every page sits at the bottom right of the screen. I have both websites side by side in Xara and have been over them with a fine tooth comb but cannot find any reason why one displays perfectly in the preview and the other is so misaligned. I have checked that the xy axis are the same and looked into all the menus. I have checked to see if there was anything lurking on the pasteboard which shouldn't be there. I don't know what else to try. This is driving me crazy. I would be so grateful if someone ccould suggest what might be causing this problem.
    Thank you very much.

Default Re: My website sits at the bottom right hand side of the screen...

Can you post the .web file so that we can check it over?

Reply to Thread > Go Advanced (bottom right) > paper clip icon.

Hi Chris. Thank you for your kind offer of help. I went to prepare the website to send to you and happened to look at the mobile site (up till now I have just been working with the normal website). It had some things lurking on the pasteboard....!! After deleting them and restarting the program the problem seems to be solved!
    I had not realised that what went on in the mobile site would have any effect on the main website. I cannot describe what a relief this is to have found a solution to this problem.
    I can carry on with my work on the site now. Xara is a lovely program.

It's a great feeling when the Xara planets align isn't it?

Glad you worked it out.