Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default It is all about ME

So I have a feeling everything on this forum will be + and people who have bought Xara pro from Magix will be left high and dry.
    Already I can see that. Once Xara staff where hard to find on these forums and all of a sudden they are pushing the cloud left and right.

Tell me if I am wrong!

Info Re: It is all about ME

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    So I have a feeling everything on this forum will be + and people who have bought Xara pro from Magix will be left high and dry.
    Already I can see that. Once Xara staff where hard to find on these forums and all of a sudden they are pushing the cloud left and right.
    Tell me if I am wrong!
    behzed, you're wrong. It is just a different cadence.

Xara, necessarily, has to promote itself somewhere and it owns these Forums.

The XDAs and Xara Designer Pro+ are have the same underlying code-base so neither can diverge dramatically from the other.

Xara and Magix have a contract to "deliver" 3 to 4 updates a year under the Update Service (US) agreement. You have a contract through the US with Magix.
    Until that is discarded and people refunded for loss of service, I cannot see it happening.

There might be a bit of a stink from Xara's "millions":
    More about Xara Group Page 687 Pro+ PDF Help Manual: "Xara's most recent development is Xara Cloud https://xara.cloud/, a cloud based service which offers the ability to design rich documents in the web browser, using any device, and in collaboration with colleagues. Today Xara does all of its business via the web, and has millions of online customers, worldwide."
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: It is all about ME

Tell me if I am wrong!

I completely understand your sentiments. Whether you're right or wrong will only become clear in time but throughout the years I've seen the company zigzag so many times that it made me dizzy. I love my copy of XDP 15 and leave it at that for the time being.

Ok Acorn, I feel a bit better but time can really tell. The sudden change in xara product and constant renaming has confused me. I do not see myself jumping on the cloud because it has nothing to offer for what I need. I still have a year to go before i make a decision.

Ok Acorn, I feel a bit better but time can really tell. The sudden change in xara product and constant renaming has confused me. I do not see myself jumping on the cloud because it has nothing to offer for what I need. I still have a year to go before i make a decision.
    I felt it was a price worth paying to get out of the horrendous Update Service, albeit into a Subscription Model.

I do want Xara to succeed and, in time, it may come to realised that a free, limited cover of Cloud+ will suit many and so we can all get Xara Designer Pro+ at an equitable price.
    The hobbyist Xara user may wish to remain with the cheaper XDAs but at least there is a choice.

Cloud+ does leverage the web designer with a commercial client into a place where social media and other on-line products are available to leverage in at little extra cost.

The nice thing is I can keep both delivery approaches viable yet drop either and lose little in sunk cost and intellectual investment.
    To my mind this has to sharpen Xara's drive to retain my custom.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

For me at version 17, I have everything I need to do my professional work. Will check in a years time to see what has changed for better or worse.