Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Text Anchors

Default Text Anchors

Hello, Is there a simple way to identity if an object has a name assigned? I use them in my NAVBAR to quickly go to a point in my page and back. I am using a template that currently has some names assigned to an object, but I can't seem to find the object that has the name assigned. Is there a simple way to see all objects that have a name assigned? Thanks.
    Last edited by elizarrj; 26 June 2020 at 04:19 PM.

Default Re: Text Anchors

Thanks, guys I figured my issue out.

Info Re: Text Anchors

Quote Originally Posted by elizarrj View Post
    Hello, Is there a simple way to identity if an object has a name assigned? I use them in my NAVBAR to quickly go to a point in my page and back. Thanks.
    elizarrj, the quickest is open Utilities > Names, then select the Object. Its Anchor will then be listed.

Do note there should only ever be one precise Anchor for one unique Object. If you have Variants the Anchors are renamed by Xara:
    • Name an object "red".
    • In both Main and Variant it shows still as "red" but if you click a link to "red" in a browser preview the Anchor has become #Xxr_v2_red in my first Variant; still #red in Main.

If, however, you are uncertain what the anchored text happens to be, then open the Name gallery > Expand Used name and click the white circle. The Anchored Object will now be selected and you can use the Push Tool > Zoom to selection to locate it on the page.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, guys I figured my issue out.
    Do share.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I had multiple objects with the same anchor name. I had to select them all and was then able to change the anchor name. I hope that made sense.

I had multiple objects with the same anchor name. I had to select them all and was then able to change the anchor name. I hope that made sense.
    It does and I hope then you renamed them individually.

Acorn