Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What is best way to create a sequence of animations on Powerpoint?

Hello

I want to create a slightly long (20 second) animation (of an engineering drawing) that I insert into msPowerPoint, that I have broken into a sequence of shorter animations (e.g. 2 seconds each).

What would be the best way to embed the resulting animation into Powerpoint, so every time I hit a key my animation plays it the next sequence of the video and then stops?

- What would format would you recommend? ( GIF, SFW, AVI)
    - How do I get it to play-then-stop, play-then-stop in sequence through the animations?

With thanks

J

Default Re: What is best way to create a sequence of animations on Powerpoint?

shipen, seems over-complex for editing purposes.
    GIF probably won't have the clarity.
    Avoid Abode SWF.
    Use MP4 over AVI (messy codecs).

You are only listing Xara Xtreme in your TG profile.

All XDAs have Presentation Templates where you can create slides with step transitions.
    There are all manually driven but in in Xara Designer Pro, you can export as *.ppt & *.pptx.
    Importing into MS PowerPoint, you could then add timed slide steps.

Xara on its own may have a cleaner approach if you use a Transitions Supersite.
    Each page is driven by a key press.

You could then have components of your engineering drawing Web Animated into place with short animation durations and delays up to your 2-second mark on each of 10 pages.
    No need then for PowerPoint, just a link to the Exported Supersite.

If PowerPoint is still required for other aspects like talking over the last animation, there is the LiveWeb add-in that allows embedding a web page.
    Bin PowerPoint, do everything as either a Xara Presentation or Transition Supersite.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

putting aniamtions into powerpoint is not difficult - there is lots of info out there on google...

the trouble with acorn's approach is that he assumes there is familiarity with the xara features he describes on the part of the user - I don't use any of the supersite stuff, would not know where to begin, so it would be way too comlicated in comparision to just embedding the video

one thing I do agree with though is use MP4 rather than those you mentioned
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

What are you creating the animations in Shipen & what format?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host