Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Slideshow Xara opinion

Hi Xara Webmasters !

sorry if the question is in this forum but I can't find it.

I want know if the master slideshow of Xara, the first in the content catalog, is faster enough. I think it slower my website but perhaps I am too suspicious. I need put in a lot of photos and if the website open after have loading photos it's a disaster.

Thank you for your answers

Info Re: Slideshow Xara opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Lylo View Post
    Hi Xara Webmasters !
    sorry if the question is in this forum but I can't find it.
    I want know if the master slideshow of Xara, the first in the content catalog, is faster enough. I think it slower my website but perhaps I am too suspicious. I need put in a lot of photos and if the website open after have loading photos it's a disaster.
    Thank you for your answers
    Lylo, Xara stores your images in a CDN environment (https://cdn.xara-online.com/siba/slideshow/). This is separate from the loading of your main site so there should be no delay in your site loading.

Assuming each slide is not a massive size then the first slide can be set to appear with a longer Delay time. You could present a small file with a modest delay to allow the other files to load.

The alternative is to have Autoplay switched off.

Overall, the Xara code seems to indicate slider images are pre-fetched but not to the detriment of your site.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Slideshow Xara opinion

Hi Acorn,

thank you for your answer and the very goods suggests.
    Unfornately the slideshow must be in autoplay but I can do yours anothers advices. I doesn't know we can make a delay for each photo, it's a good idea for the first and better for the visitor of the site.

Acorn, what size is better for a slide show you think ? A slide show in all width of the site.

P.S.: the link is broken in my browser "file not found"

Quote Originally Posted by Lylo View Post
    Hi Acorn,

thank you for your answer and the very goods suggests.
    Unfornately the slideshow must be in autoplay but I can do yours anothers advices. I doesn't know we can make a delay for each photo, it's a good idea for the first and better for the visitor of the site.

Acorn, what size is better for a slide show you think ? A slide show in all width of the site.

P.S.: the link is broken in my browser "file not found"
    Lylo, the link was just there to show Xara was using a CDN. A CDN link is designed o serve up content anywhere in the world with less delay than a single server location.
    You would access the Slideshow from within your Xara application, which knows your credentials. Had I published the full link, you would be in my slideshow areas.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ok Acorn, I imagine this a little bit but really little

Thank you for your help.

Edit : no suggests for the image size for better performance with good quality ?