Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sorting alphabetically or search feature

How can I sort the list of page alphabetically or even search for a name?
    Pages are getting many and I need to find page names quickly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	127278  

Default Re: Sorting alphabetically or search feature

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    How can I sort the list of page alphabetically or even search for a name?
    Pages are getting many and I need to find page names quickly.
    Well you could Preview and then look for ..\index_htm_files\xr_files.txt, which will list all your .htm pages.
    As it is text you could then sort quite easily. copy it and save for later (see below).

What I suggest is creating a new page, add a long text area and then insert Table of Contents set for H1 only.
    As each web page should only ever have one H1 (Heading 1), you would get a list of all pages.
    You could then click a TOC and then the offered Heading Link to jump to the page.

I would also add a small repeating Link to the TOC page so you effectively click to open the TOC and click again to get to the required page.

If no suitable Headings then just create a list of page numbers or paste the xr_files.text page list and add the link as Link to:, picking the required page.
    Same "search" operation as above. Clearly, you could refine this to to exact needs.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Great ideas, but xara could have just put a search button there to made it easier for all of us.

All I can then offer is in the Page & Layer gallery where you do not display the Page Thumbs.
    You then get all the Pages collapsed in an orderly list with a vertical scrollbar when the view is smaller than the list of pages.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thought of another approach.

Create a Vertical NavBar with an about 15px high button shape and space 1px apart.
    Set to Site Navigation.

This gives me 65 pages of links for no effort on a 900px deep page when set to Multiple Page View.
    Shrink down to 100 buttons and you may need to Zoom in to 200%...

Set off-page and repeat.

In use, click on a Button and then the offered Link.

Acorn

Thanks did not see this until now. The forum subscribe feature does not notify me.