Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Webpage Gradient in Xara Pro X17

To create a gradient (say blue to pink) as background for my web pages, I can set the default existing background to blue and apply a gradient to that. And that's fine, except the gradient is not consistent on all the pages because the page lengths affect the look of the gradient on each of them.

So, for consistency, is it better to create a new background, colour it blue, apply gradient and set it for each page?
    What is the standard practice for this (and I believe Pro X17 has enhanced how this is done?)?

Finally, should the Pasteboard be also given the same gradient?

I'm also wondering how browsers respond to gradients like these?

Thanks in advance,

Seamus

Default Re: Webpage Gradient in Xara Pro X17

I suspect that Acorn when he reads this post will have a better solution. There should be a way to do this so that the browser automatically creates the gradient with a small script. But it is not something I know how to do. Check back.

Info Re: Webpage Gradient in Xara Pro X17

Seamus, cheat.

Make the Page Background all Pink but place a fixed height Box, the height and width of your shortest page, with your Blue-Pink Gradient as the bottom object on the MouseOff Layer.

Xara - Page Background - constant gradient.xar, is purposely not the full width and the Yellow bar is under everything.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, Acorn. Working with that now!

Seamus
    Last edited by XByrne; 22 June 2020 at 04:48 PM.

Info Re: Webpage Gradient in Xara Pro X17

Seamus, I think you might also consider this approach:

• Add colours to create a Page background and Pasteboard background Layers.
    • Remove the Page Shadow.
    • Unlock the Page background Layer.
    • Select and set the Rectangle to 40% Black and 50% Flat Transparency.
    • Lock the Page background Layer again.
    • Unlock the Pasteboard background Layer.
    • Select the Rectangle (there is one).
    • Set it to 50% Flat Transparency.
    • Add a Repeating Alt-Rainbow Fill, picking your start and end colours.
    • Lock the Pasteboard background Layer again.

In a Conventional Website, the background, when Fixed, will always start as the same position so all pages with this background will have the same presentation, regardless of length.
    In a Vertical Supersite, the first page's background is repeated forever down all pages but the blend is seamless and, if set up properly, harmonious.

Xara - Transluscent Page Backgrounds on a Repeating Pasteboard.xar.

I do prefer this design as the pages seem to float.
    Lots of scope for experimenting and changes a dull site into something a little more.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Seamus, I think you might also consider this approach:

• Add colours to create a Page background and Pasteboard background Layers.
    • Remove the Page Shadow.
    • Unlock the Page background Layer.
    • Select and set the Rectangle to 40% Black and 50% Flat Transparency.
    • Lock the Page background Layer again.
    • Unlock the Pasteboard background Layer.
    • Select the Rectangle (there is one).
    • Set it to 50% Flat Transparency.
    • Add a Repeating Alt-Rainbow Fill, picking your start and end colours.
    • Lock the Pasteboard background Layer again.

In a Conventional Website, the background, when Fixed, will always start as the same position so all pages with this background will have the same presentation, regardless of length.
    In a Vertical Supersite, the first page's background is repeated forever down all pages but the blend is seamless and, if set up properly, harmonious.

Xara - Transluscent Page Backgrounds on a Repeating Pasteboard.xar.

I do prefer this design as the pages seem to float.
    Lots of scope for experimenting and changes a dull site into something a little more.

Acorn
    Many thanks, Acorn. I'll spend some time examining and working with the concept. Certainly makes for more interesting webpages!

Seamus