Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Scale to fit Width changes Breakpoint

My website variants are Mobile 456px and Main 1080px. That gives me a breakpoint of 768px. I designed it that way so my iPad shows the Main variant when in portrait mode, the Mobile variant being too 'big' looking otherwise.

And, my iPhone SE looks good in both portrait (320px) and landscape (sub 600px) mode.

When I enable Scale to fit Width, maxing at 1080px, the breakpoint changes to 607px. All devices look fine in portrait mode and it works fine, too, for smartphones in landscape mode wider than 607px. But my poor iPhone SE, in landscape mode, scales up so that everything looks HUGE.

Also, on desktop, since the only change is width, once I hit the breakpoint of 607, the Mobile variant appears with HUGE lettering, etc, until scaled further down to the smallest size.

I don't consider this a major problem, since I expect most phone users to surf in portrait mode. And most PC users wouldn't want a small open internet window somewhere on their screen.

But it would be nice if there was 'scaling adjustment' in the Website Export dialogue for the Mobile variant.

Any comments on that?

Seamus

Default Re: Scale to fit Width changes Breakpoint

Also, on desktop, since the only change is width, once I hit the breakpoint of 607, the Mobile variant appears with HUGE lettering, etc, until scaled further down to the smallest size.
    Seamus, what you see on the desktop (with a mobile variant) is not how it will appear on an actual device - the difference is related to the device's Pixel Size and Viewport.

There is lots written about this here on TG and elsewhere, but here is just one of the guides :https://mediag.com/blog/popular-scre...gning-for-all/

I simply use you the squeeze browser to check layout, content and page transition, to make sure I have not missed anything. Best to check on a few of your friends phones .

Gary

Default Re: Scale to fit Width changes Breakpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Seamus, what you see on the desktop (with a mobile variant) is not how it will appear on an actual device - the difference is related to the device's Pixel Size and Viewport.

There is lots written about this here on TG and elsewhere, but here is just one of the guides :https://mediag.com/blog/popular-scre...gning-for-all/

I simply use you the squeeze browser to check layout, content and page transition, to make sure I have not missed anything. Best to check on a few of your friends phones .

Gary
    I spent some time, before deciding to go with Xara, on WordPress and various drag-and-drop programs that don't drag and drop at all. Xara really is drag-and-drop! That's why I love it.

One thing I'd like to implement is where the images only scale when needed and the text doesn't scale but pushes itself down as the browser narrows. That's a neat function but probably requires CSS, Media Queries, etc.

Are they easy to paste into Xara PX17?

Seamus