Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Ilustartor running slow

so I have a pretty decent computer as you can see below. Before it was good but I wanted awesome. So I upgraded my Video card and went all the way up to 32g of Ram.

Guess what? now it's worse than before!!!! When I use not so complicated pattern it's very slow and even freezes (and screen turns watershed white and say does not respond for like 20 seconds).

I use an official Illustrator version so it can't come from here. I updated my graphic board, Windows and Illustartor.

How can I make my computer use all its ressources on Illustrator? Because of course when I'm using Illustrator I'm not using anything esle.

Here is my components*
    Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @3.60GHZ, 4 cores 8 Threads
    32Go RAM DIMM 2400 mhz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
    SSD Harddrive

See below the Benchmark test and task manager when my computer freezes using Illustrator

Please help

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Benchmark-Total.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	127230   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lague.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	127231  

Default Re: Ilustartor running slow

your first screenshot is too low a resolution to read

four things come to mind:

you are running old drivers for hardware
    virus
    something running in the background hogging resource [which could be virus]
    when you upgraded your hardware there was a mismatch, say in clock speed settings or bus - should check in your UEFI [BIOS] against the memory/CPU/mainboard specs - especially if you overclock the CPU - or your mainboard requires a certain specific physical memory stick arrangement that has not been followed, eg dual mode - or you have mixed memory sticks that do not match [paper spec is not sufficient if they are say from different manufactuers]

all of that assumes the computer is generally slow

if it is illustrator and illustator only you should be looking not just at this but also at it's hardware performance settings first; maybe reinstall - you don't say which version it is...
    Last edited by handrawn; 13 June 2020 at 05:30 PM. Reason: edit add stuff
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Does your motherboard have an Intel graphics card? I installed an NVIDIA GeForce and had nothing but problems. When I removed it and used the Intel card on the M/B everything was actually faster. Have no technical explanation but a lookup on NVIDIA will reveal that others have problems too.

my graphics card is nvidia GTX 1070 - I've been using nvidia for quite a while [about 15 years], granted with M/B-CPU combinations that dont't have onboard graphics capability - at the end of the day, these things should work if they are set up correctly, and of course supported by each other in the first place
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...