Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xara Designer Pro + instalation errors continue.

I've reported now on two occasions regarding problems I've encountered on installing XDP+. None have been racknowledged.

After these unsatisfactory installations I have uninstalled XDP+ and XDPX17, and reninstalled XDPX17. Rebooted my computer.

However I'm still getting serious errors.

On creating a supersite in XDPX17 and publishing it to my server, then created a static page which loads the supersite via a place-holder and publishing I get the following perculiarities:

I attach an image of the errors I'm getting on installation of XDPX+

If anyone can confirm they are seeing the same as I am can you please confirm:

https://parkeston.com/super-slider/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error-1-2.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	127222   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error-3.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	127223  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error-4-5.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	127227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error-6.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	127225  

Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 12 June 2020 at 08:10 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro + instalation errors continue.

I saw also the small webpage in top left corner

Egg, I'll raise this with Rob-Xar for you and he can get Bhavesh onto it.

My suggestion would be to uninstall XDPXv17.0 again then in the MS Windows Registry delete all the Keys in and under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro Sub x64 and probably do the same with Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\17.

I would also delete C:\Users\xpa\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremeProSub but leave v17 intact.

You could also check and remove C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro+\ files.

Finally re-install XDPXv17.

Good luck.

I had problems of a different nature and Xara was quick off the mark to help.

Sorry you have been so affected.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I don't mind being effected (does that make me backward?) it's just that this is the 3rd time I've reported these errors which remain ignored.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm never happy working in the Registry. I'l try this tomorrow. Thanks Acorn.
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I've reported now on two occasions regarding problems I've encountered on installing XDP+. None have been acknowledged.

After these unsatisfactory installations I have uninstalled XDP+ and XDPX17, and reinstalled XDPX17. Rebooted my computer.

However I'm still getting serious errors.

On creating a supersite in XDPX17 and publishing it to my server, then created a static page which loads the supersite via a place-holder and publishing I get the following peculiarities:

I attach an image of the errors I'm getting on installation of XDPX+

If anyone can confirm they are seeing the same as I am can you please confirm:

https://parkeston.com/super-slider/
    @Egg:

I can replicate your issue and have (I think) identified at least part of the problem. It could be associated with the ridiculous Xara cloud promotional banner that yours and my embedded supersites are trying to render, but cannot find. I discovered this when I created a supersite in Pro+ and then opened it v17 - up pops the Xara promo banner (it worked because separately I have a Cloud trial).

Name:	Embeded Supersite iframe FAIL_New NavBar Popup.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	127233

The second issue which I expect to occur when the first is resolved, is that the operation of the new NavBar will cause a problem in the placeholder because you cannot entirely hide the NavBar. The grey triangular button is always present on the bottom of the browser.

The code provided by Siran/Acorn for the superiste slider (a) hide the Navbar and (b) disabled it if desired. Unfortunately, we are likely to have to the same for Pro+.

The most obvious solution to me, is to have the option to exclude the standard NavBar. This issue is then resolved and you have the option to place your own navigation in the supersite, but importantly within the boundary of the webpage. Easy to add this as an Export option.

Name:	Option to Disable Standard Navigation.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	127234

This is my supersite test (with Siran/Acorn code) which uses scale-to-fit-width - just need to rework the code to get rid of the NavBar! https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Cube/#xl_xr_page_index

Gary

Info Re: Xara Designer Pro + instalation errors continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    @Egg:

I can replicate your issue and have (I think) identified at least part of the problem. It could be associated with the ridiculous Xara cloud promotional banner that yours and my embedded supersites are trying to render, but cannot find. I discovered this when I created a supersite in Pro+ and then opened it v17 - up pops the Xara promo banner (it worked because separately I have a Cloud trial).

Name:	Embeded Supersite iframe FAIL_New NavBar Popup.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	127233

The second issue which I expect to occur when the first is resolved, is that the operation of the new NavBar will cause a problem in the placeholder because you cannot entirely hide the NavBar. The grey triangular button is always present on the bottom of the browser.

The code provided by Siran/Acorn for the superiste slider (a) hide the Navbar and (b) disabled it if desired. Unfortunately, we are likely to have to the same for Pro+.

The most obvious solution to me, is to have the option to exclude the standard NavBar. This issue is then resolved and you have the option to place your own navigation in the supersite, but importantly within the boundary of the webpage. Easy to add this as an Export option.

Name:	Option to Disable Standard Navigation.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	127234

This is my supersite test (with Siran/Acorn code) which uses scale-to-fit-width - just need to rework the code to get rid of the NavBar! https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Cube/#xl_xr_page_index

Gary
    Gary, I mentioned this in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...162#post625162.
    Code for the bottom NavBar would be :<style> #xr_pgrgalc { display: none; } </style>.
    Probably need similar for the animated loading GIF: #xr_pgrldscr.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Well, this really makes these super sliders almost impossible to build. I managed eventually using Siran & Acorns ccs and js but it's made it far more difficult than before. Still don't understand why these presentation nav bars are loaded into a web page!!!

https://parkeston.com/super-slider-2/
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Well, this really makes these super sliders almost impossible to build. I managed eventually using Siran & Acorns ccs and js but it's made it far more difficult than before. Still don't understand why these presentation nav bars are loaded into a web page!!!

https://parkeston.com/super-slider-2/
    @Egg,

This is what happens when you focus on presentations to the exclusion of supersites! I finally tracked down most of the new presentation navbar components and the following seems to work. The downside now is it screws up scale-to-fit-width which now jumps from its minimum to its maximum rather than smooth scrolling between the two.

Code:
    <!scrolling supersite-->
    <style>
    #xr_pgrgalc {display: none; visibility: hidden !important;}
    #xr_pgrgalcb {display: none; }
    #xr_pgrtx1 {display: none;}
    #xr_pgrtx2 {display: none;}
    #xr_pgrbtnp {display; none; visibility: hidden !important;}
    #xr_pgrbtnn {display; none; visibility: hidden !important;}
    </style>

<script>
    //scrolling supersite
    setInterval(function(){xr_spapp((xr_curp+1)%xr_spapn);},6000);
    </script>
    https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Cube/#xl_xr_page_index

I have removed the v17 code for not displaying and disabling the v17 navbar to avoid any confusion. This is a Pro+ issue.

The complete problem is likely resolved by having an option on Export to disable the navbar - this is just standard stuff for any slider where you have the choice of what navigation options you want (e.g WOW sliders)

Gary

I have removed the v17 code for not displaying and disabling the v17 navbar to avoid any confusion. This is a Pro+ issue.

The complete problem is likely resolved by having an option on Export to disable the navbar - this is just standard stuff for any slider where you have the choice of what navigation options you want (e.g WOW sliders)
    Hi Gary, thanks for the additional input. However there is no option to disable the navbar in 17. So it gets exported. I've abandoned testing XDPX+ as I haven't a 4G monitor & have encountered multiple install problems. These have led to issues even after uninstalling XDPX+ (as seen in my earlier examples showing the Xara Cloud 'loading' icon, etc.)

My issue is to get these supersites functioning I'm now having to insert serveral ccs and js kludges that have only become neccessary due to Xara introducing navbars that aren't required in web pages.
    Egg