Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro + instalation errors continue.

However there is no option to disable the navbar in 17. So it gets exported.
    Hi Egg,

This was the code Siran provided as part of the Ultimate Slider thread:

Code:
     <style>#xr_palrt,#xr_pnava{display:none !important}</style>
    <! do not show navigation panel code line -->

<! preview website only not webpage -->

<script>
    //scrolling supersite
    setInterval(function(){xr_spapp((xr_curp+1)%xr_spapn);},5000);

// disable keyboard navigation
    (function(){if(typeof(xr_prinit4)=="function"){var o=xr_prinit4;xr_prinit4=function()
    {o();if(document.onkeydown==xr_prku)document.onkeydown=xr_d_old_onkeydown;};}})();
    </script>
    This works in v17 - worth a try (minus any entanglement with Xara Cloud). I have used it several times now without too much hassle.

Gary

Footnote: Problem Identified

I see the problem now - despite assurances from Xara that Pro+ would NOT in any way overwrite Pro 17, that appears to be exactly what it has done! The new pesky supersite navbar now appears when I open a supersite in v17, regardless of whether I have opened it in Pro+!

My assumption is that uninstalling Pro+ will not revert to status quo without uninstalling v17 too - I hope I am wrong! No doubt there is a registry setting somewhere.
    Last edited by Initiostar; 14 June 2020 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Problem Identified

Just in case this helps anyone pinpoint the problem, or at least help those affected. I had the same problem with WDP 17 after I installed Pro+. However, I install with Revo so an uninstall is a full uninstall and the problem was resolved.

The point is, Acorn's suggestion of searching for 'pro+' in the registry will do the job. No need to uninstall everything. I do remember Revo offering to remove folders in AppData, I chose only 5 or 6 folders that specifically referred to Pro+, the rest I left.

Hi Gary, I might be getting confused, You posted a screengrab from XDXP+ ?

If this a mock-up or geniune?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccc.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	127237  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Gary, I might be getting confused, You posted a screengrab from XDXP+ ?

If this a mock-up or genuine?
    Hi Egg,

This was a mock-up for what IMO would be a simple option for Xara to implement (i.e. the option to disable/enable the NavBar in Export options for supersites).

I too have now uninstalled Pro+. It was a bit fiddly to clean up the mess left (but thanks to Acorn and Chris's comments earlier in this thread, I am now back with a clean Pro v17).

1. Where I created a supersite in Pro+ and now open it in v17 (having uninstalled Pro+), the old v17 Navbar appears - nothing I tried could get rid of it.

2. Where I have previously created a supersite in v17 (but avoided opening it in Pro+), the Siran/Acorn code for hiding and/or disabling the v17 Navbar continues to work correctly.

3. I retried the code on a new v17 site and it too works (as expected)- so happily normal service has resumed!

To avoid running around threads and comments this is the Acorn/Siran code I am successfully using.

Code:
    <!scrolling supersite-->
    <style>
    do not display navigation in v17
    <style>#xr_palrt,#xr_pnava{display:none !important}</style>
    </style>

<script>
    //scrolling supersite
    setInterval(function(){xr_spapp((xr_curp+1)%xr_spapn);},6000);
    // disable keyboard navigation in v17
    (function(){if(typeof(xr_prinit4)=="function"){var o=xr_prinit4;xr_prinit4=function()
    {o();if(document.onkeydown==xr_prku)document.onkeydown=xr_d_old_onkeydown;};}})();
    </script>
    Gary

Could a Mod move this Thread to the Dear Xara Forum.

It is clear that in acessing both Cloud+ and Pro+, Xara has failed to isolate shared Registry settings that have caused a bleed of function between Cloud and Cloud+ and XDPX (& possibly all XDAs) and Pro+.

To an extent, this is expected as the (+) products as betas are being cleaved away form the Magix wrappers.

The fallout is quite severe so a fix for those not intending not to go the (+) route is necessary ASAP.

For those who have actually committed to the (+) solution, it is still important that the removal of the Presentation Controls for a Supersite wanting a PDF download is similarly resolved.

@Eva-K, @Xara, @Xara+: In moving to the Dear Xara Forum, I would then expect Xara to acknowledge the hiatus and advise progress to its remedy.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Everyone.

Apologies for the delay in replying to you. There's a lot in this thread so I'll jump straight in.

The issue here is that DPX is picking up on the filters of DP+, something that we will bring up with the product managers. The filters control how Xara handles certain file formats, for example the html filter deals with websites, the PDF filter deals with .pdf/.pdfx and so on. These filters may contain certain changes that can add a feature like the supersite UI.

If you then uninstall DP+, DPX will no longer be able to find these filters and subsequently will load its own ones again. Again, I will raise this and we'll sort it out.

If you have DPX open when you try to uninstall DP+, it may lock those filters (as they are in use) and not be able to uninstall them properly, however you would also see an error message when doing so.

So essentially (TLDR): Close Both DP+ and DPX, uninstall both completely, Re-install DPX and that should sort your issues out. Please let me know if you have any issues uninstalling.

This doesn't have anything to do with the registry. The registry entries for Xara contains settings for your program. Deleting the registry settings would only reset your options and UI back to 'factory settings'. The registry settings for both DPX and DP+ do not interact with each other at all, so also changing one would not in any way change another.

@Xara - again you miss the point of uninstalling when out of Update Service cover. A reinstall forces a regression to an older version. Who is going to accept that?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

That's how it is with DPX. Something you would have to bring up with Magix as the update service is their policy and something we do not have control over. You all know I've always expressed disapproval over this.

There is a little bit of teething issues with DP+ but we're working on them. In the end we hope it'll be a much more attractive alternative to the update service.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    That's how it is with DPX. Something you would have to bring up with Magix as the update service is their policy and something we do not have control over. You all know I've always expressed disapproval over this.
    There is a little bit of teething issues with DP+ but we're working on them. In the end we hope it'll be a much more attractive alternative to the update service.
    Fine, go to Magix and tell it you were trialling a Xara product that crashed your install and it will say what?

Your beta, your problem.

Acorn

Ok put it this way.

If your update service is active - no problem!

If your update service is expired - then at this point your at risk of losing the latest version regardless.

And you've missed my point - contact Magix. They are normally helpful when it comes to this particular problem.