Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Info Re: Display individual photo text on photos arrainged in a group

My best approach is a CSS fade on the image to reveal underneath.
    Much more versatile and you can control most things. I added some filters for effect and you are manipulating one image and not a clutch of things.

If it were to be used in the OP's case, the photo grid would need to carve out all the images and each would have the Name, htmlclass="reveal".

I put my images in a !Images layer to make it easy to switch from image to things under, when editing.

CSS - Roll over Beethoven.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Display individual photo text on photos arrainged in a group

Thanks Acorn, but I'm stumped on how I get Xara - Pop-ups.xar into each individual photo is that group of photos?

Quote Originally Posted by trnhockey View Post
    Thanks Acorn, but I'm stumped on how I get Xara - Pop-ups.xar into each individual photo is that group of photos?
    You don't, you follow the approach.

Create a rectangle the size of one of your pictures.
    Clone it.
    The bottom one is made 99%transparent and sits on top of an image.Move the top Clone to the MouseOver layer and change its Transparency to 35% so you can still see the image underneath.
    Select both rectangles and soft-group and add a Link of #.

This now your template Shape.
    Clone this, one for every image.

For each, add your Text within the bounds of the MouseOver rectangle.
    Soft-group again and check the # Link is still there.

That's one image sorted...
    ... that's all that is needed but it is a bit clunky so adding Web Animation does for the right-had set I made.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

As a complete aside, an off-topic post, I love your use of "shews". Shews is a completely ligitimate word in my small corner of East Anglia, but often get's comments that it's not a real word
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    As a complete aside, an off-topic post, I love your use of "shews". Shews is a completely ligitimate word in my small corner of East Anglia, but often get's comments that it's not a real word
    Threw it in as Americans pronounce shew as "shoe" and not "show". just like they have problems with route and buoy.

Acorn