Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Display individual photo text on photos arrainged in a group

I would like to display text, either by hovering over with a mouse or with a popup over individual photos in a group. This is specifically for an obituary page where I want the persons name and their death year to display for each individual photo. This is the example of the grouping I'm using .... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	99251159_2975316902584594_5839517396263501824_n.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	127218 Is this possible?

Default Re: Display individual photo text on photos arrainged in a group

Quote Originally Posted by trnhockey View Post
    I would like to display text, either by hovering over with a mouse or with a popup over individual photos in a group. This is specifically for an obituary page where I want the persons name and their death year to display for each individual photo. This is the example of the grouping I'm using .... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	99251159_2975316902584594_5839517396263501824_n.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	127218 Is this possible?
    You seem to have a very old Xara product listed. Are you up to date?

If not, the simplest is is probably create a rectangle on MouseOff with 99% Transparency the size of an single image.
    Create a shape with Text of their obit on MouseOff. Align both and Soft-Group and finally add a Link of #.

You will now get a pop-up on hover.

Clone and alter the Text for each departee.

If you have a later version, do tell as there are tidier approaches.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, I'm using version 17. I just downloaded it today!

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    You seem to have a very old Xara product listed. Are you up to date?

If not, the simplest is is probably create a rectangle on MouseOff with 99% Transparency the size of an single image.
    Create a shape with Text of their obit on MouseOff. Align both and Soft-Group and finally add a Link of #.

You will now get a pop-up on hover.

Clone and alter the Text for each departee.

If you have a later version, do tell as there are tidier approaches.

Acorn
    Yes, I have the newest version Acorn. I just downloaded it today. I'm not seeing an easier way though so I must be missing it.

If the photos are individual:
    Right click a photo and choose 'Web Animation'
    Under the 'Mouse Over' tab type the information into the 'Show Pop Up Text (Title)
    Repeat for all photos.

If the photos are in a single block:
    Create a square with the Shape Tool and place over individual photo, make transparent (95%+) and repeat the above.

You could also make individual layers and choose 'Show Pop Up Layer'.

Info Re: Display individual photo text on photos arrainged in a group

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    If the photos are individual:
    Right click a photo and choose 'Web Animation'
    Under the 'Mouse Over' tab type the information into the 'Show Pop Up Text (Title)
    Repeat for all photos.

If the photos are in a single block:
    Create a square with the Shape Tool and place over individual photo, make transparent (95%+) and repeat the above.

You could also make individual layers and choose 'Show Pop Up Layer'.
    Chris, adding tens of Layers is unwieldy.

My attached shews two different approaches.
    Xara - Pop-ups.xar

The MouseOff objects will end up a 99+% Transparent.
    The cloned shapes are put on the MouseOver and Soft-Grouped.
    Add a # Link and you have a hover button. I did this on the left.

Add a Web Animation and you have that on the right.

You change the Transparency to suit as well as colours, edging and text.
    Any additions to the MouseOver part of the "button" need to be Soft-Grouped.

There are better approaches.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The 'Pop Up Text (Title)' is, by far, the easiest and neatest option. and yes, the amount of layers would make that option a virtual non-starter.

Whilst on the subject of Soft Groups...am I the only one where ctrl+alt+G doesn't actually make a soft group? One of the reasons I don't bother with the Mouse Over layer for this type of thing is the faffing around with scurrying up to Arrange > Apply Soft Group and bobbing between the 2 layers.

The 'Pop Up Text (Title)' is, by far, the easiest and neatest option. and yes, the amount of layers would make that option a virtual non-starter.

Whilst on the subject of Soft Groups...am I the only one where ctrl+alt+G doesn't actually make a soft group? One of the reasons I don't bother with the Mouse Over layer for this type of thing is the faffing around with scurrying up to Arrange > Apply Soft Group and bobbing between the 2 layers.
    Pop-up Text is heavily dependent on the browser type. You have no control over its position and it is not much help for screen readers.

Press Alt-U-H. Select (No style) then press Ctrl+Alt+G and see if you get any Clashes.

Acorn

Browser type - I did not know this, and now I have to play around to see what's what.
    Position - true, but for simple info it's a small price to pay. Not that this particular instance is 'simple info' though.
    Screen readers - again, I did not know this. This piece of knowledge is valuable to me personally as I have a loose working relationship with a couple of people at Vision Australia.

I'm using WDP 17. Al+U+H opens Utilities. Alt+U - Utilities, Alt+H - Help...I fail on step one!

I'm using WDP 17. Al+U+H opens Utilities. Alt+U - Utilities, Alt+H - Help...I fail on step one!
    Chris, my bad, it is Pro(+) thing to assign keypresses.

Read https://inclusive-components.design/...ps-toggletips/, the "title" attribute.

Acorn