Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default color change in bitmap image

I've been trying to come to terms with changing a color in a bitmap photo. I've watched all the videos I can find but mostly no luck. Any suggestions??
    EDIT: USED CONTENT AWARE to spot the colors but that is as far as I can go then I get stuck.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Info Re: color change in bitmap image

Larry, basically you start with the Select colours to enhance icon.
    When it is depressed, you click the image with the largest spread of the colour you want to alter.
    Holding down the left button turns that colour chequered so you can move the blob around until you reach peak coverage and release.

You can then tweak this a bit by clicking the dropdown arrow to the right of the icon and twiddle Tolerance and Fade.

The finale is selecting the Photo hue icon, picking an approximate new colour and finally sliding the Strength control around.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: color change in bitmap image

Can you give us an example of what you are trying to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Larry, basically you start with the Select colours to enhance icon.
    When it is depressed, you click the image with the largest spread of the colour you want to alter.
    Holding down the left button turns that colour chequered so you can move the blob around until you reach peak coverage and release.

You can then tweak this a bit by clicking the dropdown arrow to the right of the icon and twiddle Tolerance and Fade.

The finale is selecting the Photo hue icon, picking an approximate new colour and finally sliding the Strength control around.

Acorn
    OK I'll give that a shot,fiingers crossed, thank you.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Can you give us an example of what you are trying to do?
    I could but I'm not finished and don't want to give away the surprise post for the art gallery or photo gallery. I didn't have enough roses to complete the still life and want to change the color of the ones I have as well as add a few more to make the image do what I want, really it's a setup for a painting and thought I'd use XDP16 to make the image look right. Some of it shows brown cardboard which I want to change to black some of the room shows on the left side which I want to remove and it is real dark but I can deal with that easy enough. I guess for the purposes of the post this will be an image manipulation.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

The Photo Hue Tool can shift the color of a selected photo slightly or very dramatically to a monotone.

Also a color overlay using the Color transparency option can change the color.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo Hue Tool.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	127203   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Color Transparency.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	127204  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The Photo Hue Tool can shift the color of a selected photo slightly or very dramatically to a monotone.

Also a color overlay using the Color transparency option can change the color.
    Thanks GP this is also a good tip, what I have done so far is make a black shape to cover the parts I want black and that seems to work well it's the changing the colors of the flowers that has been a thorn in my side, from what I have seen in the videos I watched it should be easy but so far not. Guess I'm gettring stupid in my old age and it's difficult to figure things out nowadays.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509