Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Designer Pro + vs Designer Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    @haakoo
    I'll use this opportunity to update you (and others) on Xara:
    Xara had a Covid-19 Here2Help 50% discount on plans sold directly by us since March. The active promotion of this campaign has stopped this week. Also, the Xara team did an amazing job of creating C-19 flyers and posters that people and businesses could use to educate others. We did our best to give help where we could to organizations in need on the front lines.
    Xara has an offer for existing Desktop users considering the new Cloud+ offerings. 50% discount on year 1. This is still ongoing. For TG, the 50% offer was available from Day 1 of launch. https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...and-Xara-Cloud (If you have an active update service or any questions about pricing for your situation, then feel free to contact us through normal sales channels. There is a direct chat on www.xara.com, and in Xara Cloud and the Pro+ support page for Xara paying customers). We've been happy to be extremely flexible with anyone wanting to cancel or reduce costs due to the crises. (and even businesses that need only 2 users). Just contact us.
    There will be releases of the Desktop versions via Magix. No one from Xara has suggested otherwise.
    As for features and fixes across Pro+ vs the other Desktop versions, roadmaps and build schedules are established many months in advance as I noted above. When working with partners, especially strategic ones like Magix where the products are tightly integrated into the partner's workflow like installation, registration, updating, licensing, etc., these plans do not change 'on a dime'.

Take care and all the best,
    Matt
    Matt, can I add in that I received the offer and extended it to TGers. A pity Kate's TG Announcement passed many by. I saw the C19 Flyers and found they did have a use, so thank you.

I am unsure if my particular circumstances around the discount was ever resolved:
    Simply enter coupon TALKGRAPHICS during purchase to get 50% off Year 1 (existing Xara Cloud subscribers contact us)
    . I came into Xara Cloud from a completely different direction. Perhaps your generosity has already been received but it is worth asking again! (https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...690#post617690).

Good luck with Xara Cloud+ and Xara Pro+.
    I still believe TGers need your explicit endorsement that Xara XDAs (XDPX, XWD(P)), XP&GD) are still in your sights for substantial upgrades.

As an aside, dare I assume that your partnership with Magix has excluded you from the potential mailing list of XDA purchasers as Magix effectively owns these customers?
    I am assuming this as your marketing campaign is very haphazard as are your update notifications. You don't PUSH information as much as you should and you have little information for others to PULL.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Likely, Pro or Pro+ will be an individual decision one makes based on one's own requirements.

I manage a handful of websites, but it is not my primary business. I have used Pro (and 365 back to WD 6). For me the original attraction to Xara was the ability to do most web-things within a single package, albeit with extra HTML/CSS and third party widgets on some occasions.

The conundrum on what to do for the future (for me at least) is this: I do not have any requirements for Cloud or Cloud+ and see little merit for subscribing to a service I am not going to use. Pro v17 added little of any significance to v16.3 either, but both fulfil my immediate needs. It would be good to see the bugs sorted out!

- I have to accept on face value Xara's commitment to provide further updates and bug fixes through Magix; maybe enhancements being made in Pro+ will eventually trickle down to Pro too - we'll see.

- I don't have an issue with a subscription service (it used to be called an Annual Licence Fee years back and was often bundled with an Annual Support Fee).

- I'll not delve off into the marketing issues between Xara and Magix either (but they are clear to me as someone who has been in software sales and marketing since '76).

- A published author/partner collective roadmap would help, especially since Xara claim one exits.

My preferred outcome would be to subscribe(at the right price) to Xara for Pro+ . Rationale: (1) they are the software author and hence a better route to support and (2) I would avoid Magix's cross-selling initiatives and nag-upgrade pop-ups; the latest of which fails to even install on my system.

I'll be test driving the Beta Pro+ DPI this week (on a 4K 26in) – Interesting! Having just successfully completed 4K scaling for my own company's software it will make a good comparison.

Gary
    IP

@haakoo
    I'll use this opportunity to update you (and others) on Xara:
    Xara had a Covid-19 Here2Help 50% discount on plans sold directly by us since March. The active promotion of this campaign has stopped this week. Also, the Xara team did an amazing job of creating C-19 flyers and posters that people and businesses could use to educate others. We did our best to give help where we could to organizations in need on the front lines.
    Xara has an offer for existing Desktop users considering the new Cloud+ offerings. 50% discount on year 1. This is still ongoing. For TG, the 50% offer was available from Day 1 of launch. https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...and-Xara-Cloud (If you have an active update service or any questions about pricing for your situation, then feel free to contact us through normal sales channels. There is a direct chat on www.xara.com, and in Xara Cloud and the Pro+ support page for Xara paying customers). We've been happy to be extremely flexible with anyone wanting to cancel or reduce costs due to the crises. (and even businesses that need only 2 users). Just contact us.
    There will be releases of the Desktop versions via Magix. No one from Xara has suggested otherwise.
    As for features and fixes across Pro+ vs the other Desktop versions, roadmaps and build schedules are established many months in advance as I noted above. When working with partners, especially strategic ones like Magix where the products are tightly integrated into the partner's workflow like installation, registration, updating, licensing, etc., these plans do not change 'on a dime'.

Take care and all the best,
    Matt
    Thank you Matt for your response;

I did like the easy sharing between the two parts but feel the online editor is lacking to much(take a look at photopea,gravit designer)
    The dpi+ is just the xda we all know and love,shame it isn't the desktop version for us all,with a choice to opt in for the online addition.
    The benefits of the teams pro+ version and willingness to pay,the threshold makes it just to much to make the jump.
    You suggest to get in touch with the sales department to have some dispensation by request,my feeling is it shouldn't have this threshold in the first place.
    I agree with acorn on this;the marketing and presence could have been more,take a look at the men and women in Nottingham,they are playing the game and not completely there yet but are noticed by many.
    I hope the development will prosper and bring a brighter future for xara so we can enjoy working with one or the other.(xda or xda/pro+)

H.
    IP

This is all very confusing! I currently have Designer Pro X via Magic and I have been fairly disappointed with them since they took over the sales and support. Upgrades are more complex than they were before and their support is very poor. The one bug report I submitted via them was completely misunderstood and I have not bothered since. I use Designer constantly and want to keep up to date with the latest features and would welcome some better support. However, I have no interest whatsoever in the cloud version. I've just had notice of my renewal for the update service through Magix for £99 and if I use the discount code mentioned earlier here then I could change to Xara Cloud and Designer Pro Plus for approx. £101 for the first year so it is very tempting to switch. However, in future years presumably I'd have to pay the full cost of the Cloud service which at over £200 for a year seems very expensive when I have no interest in the cloud part of the service. I really don't know what to do!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-H View Post
    However, in future years presumably I'd have to pay the full cost of the Cloud service which at over £200 for a year seems very expensive when I have no interest in the cloud part of the service. I really don't know what to do!
    Hi Rob-H,

I'm sure sales will be flexible when the renewal comes round, and actively monitors offers and feedback they get from it. You can send us a message in Intercom on our website and we can help

Kind Regards
    Rob
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi Rob-H,

I'm sure sales will be flexible when the renewal comes round, and actively monitors offers and feedback they get from it. You can send us a message in Intercom on our website and we can help

Kind Regards
    Rob
    Ok, I give in! I'll go for the Pro + offer and hope the comment above gets remembered in a year's time. I'd be much happier being back with Xara properly as the support service has always been very good.
    IP

I'd be much happier being back with Xara properly as the support service has always been very good.
    have to second that, it's good to see Xara reclaiming their own...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Ok, I give in! I'll go for the Pro + offer and hope the comment above gets remembered in a year's time. I'd be much happier being back with Xara properly as the support service has always been very good.
    When the renewal time comes, ping me a message in intercom and I'll help you out

Kind Regards
    Rob
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    When the renewal time comes, ping me a message in intercom and I'll help you out

Kind Regards
    Rob
    Thanks (Is intercom the chat box on Xara cloud?)

I've just downloaded Pro + and created a poster!
    IP

Is intercom the chat box on Xara cloud?
    It is.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP