Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Designer Pro + vs Designer Pro

Xara really turned the wrong way. It was the best graphic design and illustration program. Now it is the Monster of Frankinshtein, which is developing in the wrong direction. It’s a pity that you are closed to offers. I wrote to Xara many times about adding new functionality, but they didn’t even answer me. I also went to Affinity - they listen to their users.
    IP

Hey Dmitry - Long time. Hope all is well.
    IP

Having visited Gaddesden place (very long ago, must have been in 1996) I know exactly which roundabout you talk about. And I certainly giggled at Panchdara's comparison of the strategy CC is following these days. For Rob-Xar; yes, once you're head over heels into driving these roundabouts and the ways to handle them are simple. But for us, mere mortals (who even don't drive left-handed...) these turns are intricate, to say the least ...
    IMHO XDP is a wonderful product that should be developed with the user and userbase put before anything else. You've lost quite a few along the way with the turns you've made in these last few years.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Aciden View Post
    Xara really turned the wrong way. It was the best graphic design and illustration program. Now it is the Monster of Frankinshtein, which is developing in the wrong direction. It’s a pity that you are closed to offers. I wrote to Xara many times about adding new functionality, but they didn’t even answer me. I also went to Affinity - they listen to their users.
    +1!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Panchdara View Post
    Well, XARA. I give up. I downloaded what I thought was an upgrade to XDP17 and it's call Pro+. Worked fine then have to log in to some freakin' website to gain access. This is all within my subscription service. Xara/Magix whatever you call yourselves - you have lost me. I'm now going over to Affinity and will not look back. I am sick of the goal posts constantly being moved, heightened, narrowed and removed. The way you change things, reword things and generally don't give a sh!t about long term users, you should be ashamed. All you care about is the almighty $. XDP is a simple, easy to use program - Affinity has some other challenges, but it is a living, breathing beast - XDP is an old, tired and expensive relic.

I won't even kiss you goodbye - just have to spit out the horrid taste you've left in my mouth.
    My backup rig is Mac. Affinity Designer and Photo, and Sparkle for the web. A new program that has a bright future.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.
    IP