Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Want to test HiDPI Beta Version of Xara Designer Pro+?

I had Pro+ HiDPI and Pro v17 side-by-side on a 4K 26in screen with 150% mag. This is a screenshot:https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/XaraPr..._XaraPro17.png. The difference becomes increasingly apparent as the mag increases, so at 200% and 250% it would be very much more obvious.

While the screenshoot does not really demonstrate the increased clarity, I found it much more pleasing on the eye, particularly where you have a lot of detail in a document.

I am not aware of any technical reason why this could not be made available in future releases of any Xara authored products. As I understand, Magix are not re-authoring Xara products, just bundling them with their update service. To my mind therefore, this is a Xara resource priority, marketing and timing decision.

If Pro+ were available as a stand-alone product, I would happily subscribe for it (I just don't need the Cloud bits). This too of course becomes a Xara marketing decision, not a technical issue unless integration between the products has made it one.

If Pro+ were available as a stand-alone product, I would happily subscribe for it (I just don't need the Cloud bits). This too of course becomes a Xara marketing decision, not a technical issue unless integration between the products has made it one.
    +1
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    +1
    +1

I don't need the Cloud bits either, given how long I have been holding my breath for the HD enhancement, I shall but will tolerate them if I must!

(PS Btw, does the Cloud stuff require each person who I share a design with to have a license?)
    Last edited by shiphen; 23 June 2020 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
    +1

I don't need the Cloud bits either, given how long I have been holding my breath for the HD enhancement, I shall but will tolerate them if I must!

+1 me too!

Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
    PS Btw, does the Cloud stuff require each person who I share a design with to have a license?
    No, you add them as email addressees for them to gain access to a project.
    https://xara.com/design/smart-collaboration/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello everyone,

Today is the day: we proudly announce that Xara Designer Pro+ has taken off into the universe of high resolution

First, Thank you to all the beta testers for the wonderful feedback. It was fun interacting with you first-hand.

From today 12pm UK time you are able to experience the latest Xara Designer Pro+ release which offers high-resolution awareness and other improvements and fixes that you might be interested in.
    Find a short summary here or here

Want to experience it?
    You can download the lastest version of Designer Pro+ from here: https://xara.com/pro-plus-download/
    Please remember, in order to use Designer Pro+ you need to register it with a Xara Cloud account. You have a single account for both products.
    Signing-up today at www.xara.com means you will get a 14 day trial of both Xara Cloud and Designer Pro+.

Already have used up your trial but nevertheless want to be part of the new Xara movement?
    Then we strongly recommend you take advantage of our exclusive 50% discount (6-months free) for the first year of the subscrioption offer dedicated to our TalkGraphics community: use the code TALKGRAPHICS to get it, i.e. as an individual you will pay 101,70 €/ £/ $ for a whole year. In order to use this coupon code, do the following:

1. Click the UPGRADE button in either Designer Pro+ or in Xara Cloud
    2. Choose the Xara Cloud+ plan you want to go for (Pro+ for individuals, Team+ for 3 or more users)
    3. During checkout, enter the coupon code TALKGRAPHICS
    4. Complete the purchase

Already have updated your MAGIX Designer app to V17 (DPX, WD/P, PGD) and still want to use Designer Pro+?
    Don't worry, you can still do this. Simply send me an email to evak@xara.com or contact us via https://xara.com/contact-us/ and we will transfer your remaining credit over to your new Xara Cloud+ subscription.

We're thrilled to have you onboard!

Great things are going to happen - stay tuned

Best,
    Eva

Product Manager @xara

Smile Re: Want to test HiDPI Beta Version of Xara Designer Pro+?

Quote Originally Posted by Eva-K View Post
    Hello everyone,

Today is the day: we proudly announce that Xara Designer Pro+ has taken off into the universe of high resolution

First, Thank you to all the beta testers for the wonderful feedback. It was fun interacting with you first-hand.

From today 12pm UK time you are able to experience the latest Xara Designer Pro+ release which offers high-resolution awareness and other improvements and fixes that you might be interested in.
    Find a short summary here or here

Want to experience it?
    You can download the lastest version of Designer Pro+ from here: https://xara.com/pro-plus-download/
    Please remember, in order to use Designer Pro+ you need to register it with a Xara Cloud account. You have a single account for both products.
    Signing-up today at www.xara.com means you will get a 14 day trial of both Xara Cloud and Designer Pro+.

Already have used up your trial but nevertheless want to be part of the new Xara movement?
    Then we strongly recommend you take advantage of our exclusive 50% discount (6-months free) for the first year of the subscrioption offer dedicated to our TalkGraphics community: use the code TALKGRAPHICS to get it, i.e. as an individual you will pay 101,70 €/ £/ $ for a whole year. In order to use this coupon code, do the following:

1. Click the UPGRADE button in either Designer Pro+ or in Xara Cloud
    2. Choose the Xara Cloud+ plan you want to go for (Pro+ for individuals, Team+ for 3 or more users)
    3. During checkout, enter the coupon code TALKGRAPHICS
    4. Complete the purchase

Already have updated your MAGIX Designer app to V17 (DPX, WD/P, PGD) and still want to use Designer Pro+?
    Don't worry, you can still do this. Simply send me an email to evak@xara.com or contact us via https://xara.com/contact-us/ and we will transfer your remaining credit over to your new Xara Cloud+ subscription.

We're thrilled to have you onboard!

Great things are going to happen - stay tuned

Best,
    Eva

Product Manager @xara
    Eva, thank you for listening.

I have just cleanly upgraded with the Patch Release, Xara Designer Pro+ 20.1.0.59517 SL x64 Jun 24 2020, with no installation issues.
    It is sweet to see a release date on a product available for the following day.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat