Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara web designer premium 17 - Is it good for facebook accounts & advertisements

Hi team,
    HELP
    I am on premium 11 (old I know) & for my business, I want to setup a facebook page & run facebook advertisements.
    If I upgrade to premium 17 does it have helpful templates for both FB advertisements & FB "main page"

Thank you
    regards,
    Brett Whitmore

Default Re: Xara web designer premium 17 - Is it good for facebook accounts & advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Hi team,
    HELP
    I am on premium 11 (old I know) & for my business, I want to setup a facebook page & run facebook advertisements.
    If I upgrade to premium 17 does it have helpful templates for both FB advertisements & FB "main page"

Thank you
    regards,
    Brett Whitmore
    Hi Brett,

Xara Cloud is a popular program for creating all the assets needed for FB (and the other social media platforms). There are many templates and of course, you can design from scratch. If you require more advanced graphic design and editing, then you can jump over to Designer Pro+. In this scenario, we see users design in Pro+ and then final assembly, editing, resize, and download with Cloud. Xara files and assets are compatible across programs. Learn more here: https://xara.com/xara-cloud-plus/new-bundle/

You can chat with us from within Xara Cloud if you need product help along the way.

All the best,
    Matt
    Xara

Default Re: Xara web designer premium 17 - Is it good for facebook accounts & advertisements

Thanks Matt for quick reply.
    Sounds like I should updgrade so will do.
    Much appreciated.
    regards,
    Brett Whitmore

if you choose pro+ make sure you understand the licensing - when it runs out you lose it completely if you do not renew - unlike the desktop versions such as premium 11...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    if you choose pro+ make sure you understand the licensing - when it runs out you lose it completely if you do not renew - unlike the desktop versions such as premium 11...
    Good summary by @Acorn
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...527#post623527

You do not need to go to the Cloud version. Facebook posts what size ads and panel layouts need to be for their platform. You can design around that. Do a search for Facebook Themes and you will find hundreds to give you ideas.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    it's a good thread in more ways than one ...

pity though that you do not have such info on your site...

@Ray .. indeed
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    it's a good thread in more ways than one ...
    pity though that you do not have such info on your site...
    @Ray .. indeed
    Thank you handrawn (and Matt).

You cannot complain if Xara GmbH tries to promote its own product on a Xara-owned site.

In the round Matt is right in that if you are being corporately aware then Xara Cloud+ is probably the best route when targeting the media-driven approach to marketing. A good designer might not need such a crutch and may have the time to research into the vagaries of the online presence. If you are being commercial about such matters then the cost of Xara Cloud+/Xara Pro+ is small beer. My time is undervalued, expect by myself.

Personally, I do not care much for FB and the like but my customers do so I take Xara's offering and leverage my expertise into a new domain and I have a happy customer and wider appeal.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Ray,
    Thinking I should upgrade to 17 premium for templates but look at FB themes as per your advice to get ideas.
    Cheers

Thanks for the heads up. I feel 17 premium will be good enough for me.
    Cheers