Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara web designer premium 17 - Is it good for facebook accounts & advertisements

@acorn

it is fortunate for xara that there are users such as yourself whose explanations matt can refer to

if as seems the case [see here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Designer-Pro] the update path for pro+ will be as frequent as we were originally led to believe it would be on the mess it has become on the magix managed side, this is a good thing; if I still used vector enough to justify, I would be tempted to give it a go

as I said when Kate announced pro+ on TG a while back, it's no real suprise that the company took this direction, I would imagine it was the plan all along once Xara GmbH was 'up and running', it makes commercial sense if not entirely risk free, nothing is

and you are right, to it's intended client base the cost is small beer; for the rest there is the Magix path... a cynic might say the worse that path gets, the better it is for the Xara GmbH model, up to a point...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Xara web designer premium 17 - Is it good for facebook accounts & advertisements

thanks Ray, will check it out

Appreciate the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    You do not need to go to the Cloud version. Facebook posts what size ads and panel layouts need to be for their platform. You can design around that. Do a search for Facebook Themes and you will find hundreds to give you ideas.

Ray
    This is true, and speaking from experience, I've produced thousands of ads for clients as Ray has described. Though I should also point out, visual ads on FB have a couple of rules that they don't tell you about until you've already paid for an ad boost (if they tell you at all, it's kind of hit or miss):
    Text, even if it is word art, must be less than 10% of your over all ad image or they will throttle your impressions (while still charging you for a full distribution);
    Secondly, the ads should be exported as JPEGs in retina mode (newest desktop version of Designer, I believe it is 17?) or the images you create may not render as expected in mobile users FB interface.