Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Want to test HiDPI Beta Version of Xara Designer Pro+?

Dear Xara Designer Pro users,

We’ve heard you!! Our desktop application Xara Designer Pro+ (get more information here and here) is ready to take off into the universe of high resolution

Therefore, we’re in search of volunteers who want to test Designer Pro+ on their 4k monitors or HD Laptops for one week.

When: Testing starts this Thursday, 06/11 - next Thursday 06/18

How: Volunteers will get access to our Designer Pro+ HiDPI beta version. The beta-version has full functionality scope and you can use it the way you use your current Designer Pro version. Whenever you encounter a bug or problem, you can take screenshots and feedback it directly to us.

Interested? PM me here on TG or email to: evak@xara.com

We’re looking forward to having you on board!

Thanks,
    Eva

Product Manager @Xara
    Last edited by Eva-K; 10 June 2020 at 12:31 PM.

Default Re: Want to test HiDPI Beta Version of Xara Designer Pro+?

Quick technical note about this (quoted from developer):

"The work is really about making the program respond to the Windows scale factor, not necessarily HiDPI or 4K screens. So if the Windows scale factor is 100%, on whatever screen, the user should see no difference. If it's >100% on any screen the user will see everything scale up properly."

So, if you you have a 4K screen and 100% windows scaling, you wouldn't see any difference.

There are some known issues between moving the window between screens that have scaling on and off, and when changing the scaling whilst the window is open. We're working on these issues.

Let us know if you have any questions

Thanks
    Rob

[Edit]
    If your unsure what yours is set to, go to Start > Settings > System > Display and you'll see the scale of layout options there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	127192

Should this be posted in Announcement?

And is this coming to Designer Pro X any time soon?

Yea we can add it to announcements also. We added it here so its also open to you guys for any discussion.

Our focus is just to get it HiDPI right at the moment, so can't say what version it'll be in. We'll keep you informed though.

Thanks
    Rob

Exclamation Re: Want to test HiDPI Beta Version of Xara Designer Pro+?

Quote Originally Posted by Eva-K View Post
    Interested? PM me here on TG.
    Eva
    Product Manager @Xara
    Eva, not every interested TG Member may have PM access.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Eva, not every interested TG Member may have PM access.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn,

great! Thanks for this input, I added my mail address - it's easiest

Have a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by Eva-K View Post
    Dear Xara Designer Pro users,

We’ve heard you!! Our desktop application Xara Designer Pro+ (get more information here and here) is ready to take off into the universe of high resolution

Therefore, we’re in search of volunteers who want to test Designer Pro+ on their 4k monitors or HD Laptops for one week.

When: Testing starts this Thursday, 06/11 - next Thursday 06/18

How: Volunteers will get access to our Designer Pro+ HiDPI beta version. The beta-version has full functionality scope and you can use it the way you use your current Designer Pro version. Whenever you encounter a bug or problem, you can take screenshots and feedback it directly to us.

Interested? PM me here on TG or email to: evak@xara.com

We’re looking forward to having you on board!

Thanks,
    Eva

Product Manager @Xara

May I just say that this is.... excellent news!

As some here may have noticed, I have been waiting for this for several years now.

I have signed up as a Beta Tester. And I am pleased to report that that on a 4K screen, even with 175% Windows Scaling... that XDPro+ now looks absolutely awsome and works like a charm.

Bravo! Well done Xara.

J

PS I am also pleased to report that Eva seems extremely responsive to my feedback. Good work!
    To be honest, it's actually rather exciting. This could be the change of gear that Xara has been needing for several years now.
    Go Xara, go!!

Hi Shipen, I know you've been requesting this for a very long time. I admit I have held back from purchasing a 4K monitor for exactly the same reason. My primary software is Xara. I use it for graphics, letters, invoices and countless other things. Therefore, due to the issues you've highlighted I've struggled on with my old dual monitors.

Now the important question. When/Is this going to trickle down to Xara Magix????
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

When you have this version for the desktop version, then count me in. I have been avoiding a 4K monitor because of the lack of support.

Start saving for your 4K monitors now, folks....

XDPro+ on a 4K screen will knock your collective heads off, believe me!

J
    Last edited by shiphen; 16 June 2020 at 04:01 PM.