Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Xara web designer dime a dozen?

I would like to support Acorn's point about documentation. Like many here, I started html coding sites. I was in the marketing and advertising business in the, well let's just say, not this century. Time and again I saw websites disintegrate when the management inevitably changed hands. I've seen websites held hostage by their creators. I cannot emphasize enough Acorn's point about documentation and I would go even further than just the technical and design documentation. I would include all administrative and financial (as in hosting site) documentation and that it always be available to the business owner of the site. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    I would like to support Acorn's point about documentation. Like many here, I started html coding sites. I was in the marketing and advertising business in the, well let's just say, not this century. Time and again I saw websites disintegrate when the management inevitably changed hands. I've seen websites held hostage by their creators. I cannot emphasize enough Acorn's point about documentation and I would go even further than just the technical and design documentation. I would include all administrative and financial (as in hosting site) documentation and that it always be available to the business owner of the site. IMHO
    +1.

Especially finance and configuration. Backup and recovery strategies. Time to Fix within an agreed service level agreement. Data Protection, IPR, RACI matrices, ...

A contract can start off as a Fire & Forget but a responsible Owner will realise that their business integrity is interwoven. It is essential to define the expected lifecycle of a website as early as possible.

Web development is not a licensed profession. Anyone, anyone, who has built a website and got paid is technically professional.
    There are some teenagers I would have build a site over some so-called professionals who advertise.

Read the WEB DESIGN Posts in this site, like https://www.theukdomain.uk/creating-...due-diligence/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Maybe I’m out in left field, but isn’t that why Xara offers cloud based layout?
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Maybe I’m out in left field, but isn’t that why Xara offers cloud based layout?
    'Fraid you are as Xara Cloud(+) does not yet handle website design, though it started out to do just that.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Exclamation Re: Xara web designer dime a dozen?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    behzad, what are you offering for a Dime? A dozen of what? Websites to be maintained?

I could offer 5 days @ 8 hours a day for a rate of £25/h so a site would have to outlay £1,000/y.
    I could handle 50 sites a year.

Any offers?

Acorn
    HI Acorn

Can I get you to help me to finish my website with this quote?

It would help me so much!!!

Dr. M

Quote Originally Posted by drbubu View Post
    HI Acorn
    Can I get you to help me to finish my website with this quote?
    It would help me so much!!!
    Dr. M
    We can have a chat about it, sure.

Here is a Discord link, that runs for 12 hours and has 5 sessions available.

All you need do is Post a Message to TomPotBlenny (me) with your best email address and I will set up a comms path for us.

https://discord.gg/UWE5sq

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    We can have a chat about it, sure.

Here is a Discord link, that runs for 12 hours and has 5 sessions available.

All you need do is Post a Message to TomPotBlenny (me) with your best email address and I will set up a comms path for us.

https://discord.gg/UWE5sq

Acorn
    Could you send the link again, it is expired... Thankx

Quote Originally Posted by drbubu View Post
    Could you send the link again, it is expired... Thankx
    Hope you catch this one - https://discord.gg/TfFhD9.

Acorn

It worked - talk to you there

"forty-two"