Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Premium 17 - Really Really Slow

Quote Originally Posted by mitslad View Post
    Hi yes,
    Very similar behaviour.
    To rule out my desktop, i tried an a laptop and its the same.
    Updating hyperlinks takes the longest. Over 30 seconds each time.
    What I was trying to establish was that your site had lots of flow between pages like a document or are the web pages effectively standalone?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Website is: 86MB in size and it has 102 pages.
    I'd recommend you split your site down to several subsites, say 10 each averaging 10 pages per subsite.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I'd recommend you split your site down to several subsites, say 10 each averaging 10 pages per subsite.
    Egg, we still need to know its construction and purpose.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I agree, but the thought of trying to edit a 102 page website within Xara instantly tells me look for a simpler way. I can't see many sites have construction & purpose that demand that size.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have/had the same issue with my book projekt. In my book with ca. 600 pages it tooks weeks for Xara to render the text.
    My solution was to split the textflow in individual chapters. This has speed up the work extremly. Xaras Textengine is poor. Since the new data protection must be in every comercial website, ther is to set in a text with 4596 Words.
    This needs round about 30-45 sec.

Hi Egg,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The website is a food based website. So other than the standard few pages, the store etc there are around 80 pages of recipes. Thats what is consuming website.

Top level navigation has around 7 headers and then it goes into 2 further levels that show the recipes (depending on what type of recipe you are after i.e. veg, chicken, lamb etc

Does that make sense?

Thank you again.

Still begs the question: Is the website a Supersite?
    At 100+ pages a Conventional Website will not be draggy as each change is to a separate design page.

Acorn

At its deepest level it goes down only 3 levels. Most other pages are 1 or 2 levels only.

Quote Originally Posted by mitslad View Post
    At its deepest level it goes down only 3 levels. Most other pages are 1 or 2 levels only.
    That is not relevant as to how the pages are connected.

Are they all separate pages with their own <filename>.htm presence (Supersite) or are they wrapped up into one larger generated file, index.htm (Supersite)? [Utilities > Web Export Options]
    This is important as to whether the pages can be factored out into separate design files of about 10 files.

Acorn

The export produces a html file for each page.