Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara Desktop Application v17.0 is all Skewed

Thank You Acorn, would never have thought of doing that to get editable shapes.

Bug Re: Xara Desktop Application v17.0 is all Skewed

Dare Xara...

I am actually close to tears.

Create a 256px square box. Add Bitmap Fill of the Default image you provide.
    Bug - rotate or skew any amount and Preview.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buggy v17dot0 Bitmap Fill Rotation.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	127160

Total disaster!

WHAT YOU SEE IS NO LONGER WHAT YOU GET (WYSINLWYG).

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 04 June 2020 at 04:55 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I tried what you said about adding shapes and your rotated square 256px previews correctly if you do that, but if I just preview without cloning and adding shapes I get the same result as you in XWDP17 so acorn I think most definite bug although I don't really understand the difference between the two. Sorry if I am just plain ignorant but trying hard to follow and learn, thanks Acorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
    I tried what you said about adding shapes and your rotated square 256px previews correctly if you do that, but if I just preview without cloning and adding shapes I get the same result as you in XWDP17 so acorn I think most definite bug although I don't really understand the difference between the two. Sorry if I am just plain ignorant but trying hard to follow and learn, thanks Acorn.
    GJ, the difference is a rectangle is presented as a SPAN that gives Width, Height, (Linear) Fill and Transformation. There is no problem with scaling in the browser as it is a definition and not an image. Adding shapes changes this into an image and so you will see similar at 100% but zoom in and you get jaggies and blocky artefacts. also an image requires another HTTP call to the server and is a larger download that a definition.

If the Fill is an image itself or you use a Fractal Fill, or non-linear gradients then a bitmap has to be created.

Where possible use the rectangle Tool, even for Circles and Ellipses and use Linear Fills and Transparencies and shun Shadows & Feathering. If you need some of these, consider using CSS3.

@Xara - to recap, you have screwed up Fills BIG TIME in v17.0.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Once again Acorn thank you for the explanation I think I understand better now, when I clone and add shapes in essence I am creating a image for the preview from what was a simple span. I think I am getting the idea.

@Xara - to recap, you have screwed up Fills BIG TIME in v17.0.
    Couldn't have put it better myself.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Do you think that anyone from Xara is a) Reading this or b) Even cares anymore.

As far as I'm aware NONE of the issues (read that as BUGS) that you are VERY conscientiously pointing out have even had a comment from XARA staff, never mind a fix. It really seems these days that for every "feature" (and I use that term VERY loosely) that they add, they break two others.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.