Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bug Xara Desktop Application v17.0 is all Skewed

Dear Xara...

How can you continue to get is so wrong?

Create a Rectangle.
    Set up a Simple Linear Alt Rainbow Fill from one corner to another across the diagonal. Start Red and End Dark Magenta.

• Clone and rotate 900. Bug - the Fill Handles no longer move with the rectangle. The rectangle seems to be transformed into a Square.
    • Clone and Skew any angle on H or V axis - Bug - as above. The Fill is flipped vertically.

Your inability to deliver a clean version without introducing untold Bugs is mind-blowing.

I still have websites I dare not upgrade from v12!

This particular Bug Set has occurred since v16.3.

acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Xara Desktop Application v17.0 is all Skewed

I can't replicate that Acorn. (XDP17 & XDP+)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	127148  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I don't have XDP17 but tried it in XWDP17 and could not replicate it either Acorn Sorry no go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	127149

Sorry both, did you then Preview?

Name:	v16dot3.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	127150

Name:	v17dot0.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	127151

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry Acorn just tried preview in XWDP17 and in preview turned 90 degree into square and skewed not square but shortened immensely so you are correct!!!! Went back and tried in XDPX16 and worked like it is supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
    Sorry Acorn just tried preview in XWDP17 and in preview turned 90 degree into square and skewed not square but shortened immensely so you are correct!!!! Went back and tried in XDPX16 and worked like it is supposed to.
    GJ thanks. I am sorry I abridged my experience.

My distress is around finding this muck up in a live site and having to grovel and make good.

Acorn

Ah! see what you mean now. I know we shouldn't need a workaround but if you convert to editable shapes it previews correctly.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@Egg that might work for XDP17 but there is no such option in XWDP17 So you still have the same problem

It's just another one of those ridiculous situations that have come about with Xara/Magix trying to monetise the software as much as possible Joe
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
    @Egg that might work for XDP17 but there is no such option in XWDP17 So you still have the same problem
    GJ, you can get Editable shapes with XWDP.

Take any Rectangle, Ellipse or QuickShape. clone it and select both and Add Shapes.

Sadly, what I was building was a Template just using skewed Rectangles. These do not generate images just transformed SPANs and so are highly scalable with no real payload burden.

I cannot afford to build something that a later version mangles so I will have to revert to getting round it with CSS and checking it works across all browsers. Not simple as linear-gradients are not animatable across a transition.

Acorn