Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: highlight background of a few words in text block? can't find this option?

I go to his profile and don't see a ip address, but did look up solent and I apologize Acorn it would seem he is a bloody Brit as would be the proper form in his dialect.

Default Re: highlight background of a few words in text block? can't find this option?

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
    I go to his profile and don't see a ip address, but did look up solent and I apologize Acorn it would seem he is a bloody Brit as would be the proper form in his dialect.
    Look, you won the War of Independence so well done for that.

If you look to the bottom left of any OP's Post, there is a small black square with white IP lettering.

The Solent (and Southampton) are an hour's drive for me.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank You Acorn concerning the IP address I looked it up Southampton and I must say I learned something new. Although when I look up my own IP address it is way off the mark, it puts me near Washington D,C,
    and I am in Northern Michigan almost 800 miles away or 1264 kilometres so I don't think my IP address is worth a hill of beans.

Hello to Acorn and all you other great folks! yes I finally understood what was meant, doh! - just a standard click on the colour line menu at the bottom of the screen (well that is where the damn thing has been pinned now!).

And yes I live near that coastal bit of England that usually has a load of famous cruise ships coming and going (they do still come to get supplies but most are parked up in Weymouth bay right now).

Love the to and fro about our 'shared language' can't remember who did the quote about our separation! I sometimes do editing for non-English colleagues and have to jump through hoops to find out which version they need many thanks once again - I will get there eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
    Thank You Acorn concerning the IP address I looked it up Southampton and I must say I learned something new. Although when I look up my own IP address it is way off the mark, it puts me near Washington D,C,
    and I am in Northern Michigan almost 800 miles away or 1264 kilometres so I don't think my IP address is worth a hill of beans.
    Your IP is where you connect into the Internet.
    I would check to see if you cannot get closer to home as closer usually means faster.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

They don't have internet where I am out in the sticks per se, I have to use my cell phone hot spot. I tried satellite but my location has to much tree cover for it and I can't cut the trees so have to stick to my phone. Slow but works.