Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default highlight background of a few words in text block? can't find this option?

Hi folks, I am probably being a bit dumb but cannot find this option anywhere - the equivalent of things like <span style="background-color:#00FEFE">Cyan Text</span>

I want to highlight some words in a normal text passage and also highlight a weblink that is on a dark background in a text block so that it can be seen (by making the background pale for just the link). Apart from the weird xara method of inserting coloured rectangles all over the place, arranging depth, and then soft grouping etc, which seems rather bulky and longwinded, I can't seem to find a simpler and streamlined way - other than to keep editing html after export, which is a bit tedious and somewhat defeats the object of wysiwyg!

Default Re: highlight background of a few words in text block? can't find this option?

Highlight the text you want, then right click on the colour line and set text background. I assume Web Designer works the same as P&GD
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: highlight background of a few words in text block? can't find this option?

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Highlight the text you want, then right click on the colour line and set text background. I assume Web Designer works the same as P&GD
    Unfortunately it seems not! right click gives a long menu but not including 'set text background'

Info Re: highlight background of a few words in text block? can't find this option?

solent, it is not in a right-click menu is it a right-click on the Colour Line.
    It is also in the Colour Editor in the drop-down Local text background.

You could even highlight your text and right-click for the context menu and pick Names. Give this selection a Name and then use CSS to style by adding into the Website HTML Code (head).

If you are repeating this a lot, highlight some text and create a Character Style 'highlight' then apply Text background and update the 'highlight' Style.
    Thereafter, select your text and change its Style to 'highlight'.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

solent, it is not in a right-click menu is it a right-click on the Colour Line
    n.b. This only works if you have right click on colour line set to Show Menu. It doesn't work if this is set to Set Line Colour. No problem either way in the Colour Editor (Is it still all right to spell it colour Acorn?)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sorry Egg I happen to be from the U.S. of A. so it is properly color, come on get it right!!!! By the way in my color line it is spelled color.

Hello to Acorn and all you other great folks! yes I finally understood what was meant, doh! - just a standard click on the colour line menu at the bottom of the screen (well that is where the damn thing has been pinned now!).

And yes I live near that coastal bit of England that usually has a load of famous cruise ships coming and going (they do still come to get supplies but most are parked up in Weymouth bay right now).

Love the to and fro about our 'shared language' can't remember who did the quote about our separation! I sometimes do editing for non-English colleagues and have to jump through hoops to find out which version they need many thanks once again - I will get there eventually!