Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Wavy flags

Youtube Wavy flags

More playing with the brush tool and also adding shadows/ lighting.
    True love is the ultimate truth

Default Re: Wavy flags

Very good
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, I think we need to change the name of this forum from 'Flash' to 'Animations' as the present title is now misleading and irrelevant.

Problem is there are gif animations & svg animations plus Xara's ownweb animations Anas.

Basically I assume you're still making your animations using Xara's Flash animation features then converting to mp4 or similar? So retaining the Flash forum makes sence as it doesn't get confused with these other animations.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I like the green,black, gold one because it looks like it's waving, whereas the camel one does not, oh ir waves in a fashion but doesn't have the waving impact as the other. I guess it's because the stripes are all th the same flat colors kinda the same problem with the camel, I nderstand it was very difficult if not impossible to do the camel one ther same as the other. Sorry just my observation.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks for your input Larry. The camel flag is made up of only one animation. The Jamaican flag is made up of two animations.
    The main animation uses the brush on a line.
    The light shading uses a transparency with linear shading.

Thanks Eric. The animations that I have produced over the last year can not be made using Xara's flash capabilities. So none of them can be classed as flash animations. They use Xara's video capability.

I love the camel!

You inspired me to make a waving Canadian flag. However, I don't find Xara animation suitable for this type of thing, so I used BluffTitler which has the tools (and examples) to do so. The photo was textured using FilterForge, same with the flag. The handwriting was done using Bixangelo, which creates an eps file to be used in BluffTitler. For some reason, Xara eps lines do not go into Bixangelo very well.

https://youtu.be/M6xAYA3Hd1o
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)