Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Some Interesting Data On Websites Designed With Xara

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    ... Too much cleverness for this poor soul.

Time for Summer Recess.
    sorry if I appeared cleverer than I actiually am - not my intention

I see that the 'popular' sites quoted are mostly .COM, and none are .AT or .DE

I know prctically nothing about CMS, and have no wish to delve; statistical interpretation I have some experience in, but I will leave this all up to you that do know CMS...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Perhaps this make more sense: https://trends.builtwith.com/cms/Xara-Web-Designer and even https://trends.builtwith.com/cms/country/Germany (2% of "German" sites made with Xara!; those in UK - 0.6%.).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It's strange how Frontpage has a good number, are these just very dated sites that have not been updated for ages? Or am I being a bit dim in these very strange times

Also, glad to see Website X5 isn't doing much better than Xara <grin>

Obviously Wordpress is the king here but I have tried Wordpress and it was a nightmare, constantly breaking sites and if you are not a coder, and I'm not, it was an impossible task to fix it without starting over. Not to mention all the plugins needing updates, which can also lead to breaking your site. It makes me laugh when there's a lot of talk of developing in Wordpress for free, or nearly free, but in reality, it aint!

I got a reply to a challenge I had with the spelling of colour as color in XaraXine 11.
    Xara has chosen to adopt American English and that I should therefore use a spell-checker and set the document language, neither which Xara Cloud has as features.

Ah well, an effective, self-limiting market share mechanism at work. Is it not a wonder that Xara websites are created then languish?

acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat