Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Cannot Connect With Web Host

I have an account with Magix Onlne and normally fast publish from within XDP 15 when I want to update a small website. However, I suddenly get the following message:
    Error: There was a problem communicating with MAGIX Online World...
    Technical details: MxOpenAPI error 0x80072efd. A connection with the server could not be established

What I noticed is different is the 'Sign in to ....' dialog that opens in XDP when I click 'Publish'. The email window still contains the correct email address but the password window is empty. So, I guess that something happened within XDP's setup.

To be sure, Internet is working fine and I am able to access the web files through Magix's FTP facility, so I can still make changes but I'd prefer the fast publish feature to work.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Cannot Connect With Web Host

Did you re-enter your password?

And is this a problem today? There might have been a problem with the server.

Yes, I entered the password. The funny thing is that up till now I didn't have to reenter it as it was saved within the .xar file and, thus, automatically showed whenever I publish the site. I discovered that the same issue also happens with other websites when I click 'Publish'. When I reenter the password, it won't save and I only get the error message.

The last time I updated a website was about a month ago, so I only found out today. I was able to access the server through Magix's FTP utility, so it seems the problem is local.

When there is an update, the saved settings disappear. Was this the cause?

And (running out of ideas here) did you check the [X] Save Password box? And then Apply?

Thanks for trying to figure out what could solve the issue.

No update of XDP for quite a while; I'm still on v. 15. And, yes, the 'Save Publish settings in document' box is ticked.

Anyone else have an idea of what might be going on?

If you have been blocking any of the Magix dross as I have, it is possible you have prevented your installation communicating back to base station MagiXara.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat