Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Adding Columns to the Gallery Widget

I am using XWD 11 Premium.

I want to change the Gallery Widget from 2 columns to 4 or 5. The Widget Edit instruction sheet in the Gallery Widget says: "Set the number of columns: (Set the number of columns to choose how many images display per row) - But for the life of me, I cannot locate where to change the column count...

3 AM here and I need to get some sleep. Hoping there are answers sometime tomorrow... Thanks in advance!

Dave has left the room...
    "Old enough to know better... too young to resist"

Default Re: Adding Columns to the Gallery Widget

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    I am using XWD 11 Premium.

I want to change the Gallery Widget from 2 columns to 4 or 5. The Widget Edit instruction sheet in the Gallery Widget says: "Set the number of columns: (Set the number of columns to choose how many images display per row) - But for the life of me, I cannot locate where to change the column count...

3 AM here and I need to get some sleep. Hoping there are answers sometime tomorrow... Thanks in advance!

Dave has left the room...
    Click on the widget and it will bring up the options, not all have the option to add columns though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjust Widget Columns.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	127076

I have mixed the Landscape and Portrait widgets on the same page too.

Name:	Photo-Widgets.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	127077

You may or may not have the these widgets in v11 (but I've dropped them into a XAR doc from v17 )

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Click on the widget and it will bring up the options, not all have the option to add columns though.

You may or may not have the these widgets in v11 (but I've dropped them into a XAR doc from v17 )

Gary
    Gary,

Thanks for the reply!

I have that same Widget. My site and Gallery page is using the Flare template. I click on the EDIT link for for the Widget... and get exactly what you sent me, but I don't know where/how to edit the columns.

The first page of the Widget says "set the number of columns" - but where? That's what I need to know.

When I pulled in the entire FLARE template, I was never given the option to set Gallery Columns. I have looked all over the various Menus for a setting for the Gallery and can't locate anything. I assumed since the Widget loaded with the Gallery page, and says I can set the number of columns. . . that I can actually do that somewhere. . .

The first image in the Widget Edit seems to be read only and not something I can edit. I looked at the Layers and can't find anything editable there...

Any more thoughts?

The first page of the Widget says "set the number of columns" - but where? That's what I need to know.
    In the Xara doc I provided to you, you can change the number "3" in the box using a text edit, to the number of columns required. I can't comment on the Flare template.

You right-click and pick Edit Widget or double-click.

The magic is all hidden away (Initiostar's first image).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

In the Xara doc I provided to you, you can change the number "3" in the box using a text edit, to the number of columns required. I can't comment on the Flare template.
    Good God Almighty...!

I can't tell you how many times I right clicked the Column Box and didn't think to select Edit Text from the drop-down menu.

I really should retire. . .

Thanks Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    You right-click and pick Edit Widget or double-click.

The magic is all hidden away (Initiostar's first image).

Acorn
    Yeah, I always got that far. . . just didn't connect the dots to Right Click the Column box and then select Edit Text to actually change the Columns from 2 to 4, 5, etc...

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Yeah, I always got that far. . . just didn't connect the dots to Right Click the Column box and then select Edit Text to actually change the Columns from 2 to 4, 5, etc...

Thanks again!
    I know. It is frustrating until you hit the right combination.

Like a very slow platform game where you start off with no lives!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Like a very slow platform game where you start off with no lives!

Acorn
    Ha!

Don't get me started. . . I am trying to leave that part of my life waaaaay back where it belongs!

Now... on to embedding Ecwid into my project. I know there is some discussion on how to cross platform it into both variants, so I have some searching and reading to do. After that, it's on to polishing the website and uploading.

Gary
    Hey Gary,

What's the secret to adding Portrait Pages to the Gallery that's set up for Landscape? I changed to Image size for the placeholder, but when I insert Portrait images, they are still Landscape. Do I need to bring in a separate Portrait page for those images?

I know I use to be able to mix and match both orientations on previous versions.