Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Sharpening export PNG images

Greg, have a look over https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...DA-Web-Exports.

This handles scaling and storing the PNG fall-back for display in non-SVG capable browsers.

Acorn

P.S. Add a comment there to nudge Xara to implement SVG rendering direct from the design.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Here is an image of the issue.

Left is xara at 100% and the right is the pc using the exported PNGs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comparision.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	127070

And here I enlarged 2 of the icons you can see more anti aliasing on the exported image

Name:	comparision 2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	127072

One thing I have seen that may help me is, if I export the images as a web site then pick out the saved PNG's they match the screen

try changing the xara view quality to 'full colour' before you export you vector to png - that will then export your vector as a PNG without any anti-aliasing - then if there is an issue with anti aliasing being 'compounded' that may fix it

the ringed image was so exported from vector, then reimported at 100% zoom:

Name:	2020-05-24 10_05_21-Window.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	127074
    Last edited by handrawn; 24 May 2020 at 10:08 AM. Reason: ad screen shot
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by TimBox View Post
    One thing I have seen that may help me is, if I export the images as a web site then pick out the saved PNG's they match the screen
    in my first post in this thread I had blipped over the fact that these are very small images

like egg said you have to be very careful at such a size - there are programs that will have special function for this, but not xara

i think what you are seeing is the compound effect of exporting the image with antialias and then reimporting it and viewing it in xara with screen rendering antialias turned on - the effect of this is negligible at normal image sizes but at very low sizes it is seen

are you exporting the web page and viewing the pngs in another app, if so that might support such a view....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Greg, have a look over https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...DA-Web-Exports.

This handles scaling and storing the PNG fall-back for display in non-SVG capable browsers.

Acorn

P.S. Add a comment there to nudge Xara to implement SVG rendering direct from the design.
    Thanks Acorn!

That's great advice.

Couple of points I didn't make in my earlier posts Tim:

1. If you're creating pngs to a set pixel size always set your units to pixels in Xara, not cm's. You can immeadiately see that your 'calendar' icon is 31px wide x 32.2px high, which will make a bad image. Set the width to whole pixels i.e. 32px

2. I use the following settings on exporting an image from Xara.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	127080   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	127081  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg

Many thanks I did not see that.

Cheers Tim

Just to add that making sure the images are exact pxs and exporting the images using "Export supersite" produced images that do not degrade.

Thanks all

Tim