Please forgive me if this is in FAQs or elsewhere on this forum. I am a newbie to Xara but I have searched in various ways and not found an answer.

Typically I will be editing a photo or some other bitmap. First I'll apply various enhancements to the photo/bitmap - levels, colour balance and so on. Then I'll overlay it with graphic objects - like lines, shapes, arrows and text.

I can easily find and organise all the graphic objects in the Layer Gallery, no problem.

But the adjustments I'll have made to the base photo/bitmap are, as the manual says, 'stored on the photo as attributes'. Now, for example, if I choose the base image in the gallery then the 'Enhance Photos' Infobar shows up and I can 'Compare' the enhanced image with the original. Also, if I, say, select the Brightness Levels Dialog tool then I can see what changes I have made to the settings. But I cannot see easily just which tools I have used on this image. I seem to have to look at the settings of each possible enhancement to see whether I used it or not.

I'd have expected to see, in the gallery, above the base image, a stack of the changes that I had made, rather like the layers in other programs. For instance: Shadows|Saturation|Levels.

Am I missing something? Expecting too much?

With thanks in anticipation

Bob

PS. After wrestling for a week with Affinity Photo and failing to find how to do what I wanted with custom brushes, I stumbled across Xara and was up and running in 20 minutes. It is a delight to use. And a proper manual too!