Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Online Store Shopping Cart - Any suggestions Please

You might also want to check out XT-CMS It was designed by XTom, one of the members of these forums, specifically for Xara software: https://www.xt-cms.com.

Hi Boy
    Thanks I'll take a look at that, I have had a quick look in the past.
    Regards
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Skybeacon View Post
    Hey there.
    Been a xara-ite for many years.... Shopping carts eh?

Just checking out a script I found from an Author in Bulgaria. Stivasoft ... the STIVA Shopping Cart. Costs a bit off the bat ...$89 US but it comes with a year of Support and it's a developers license so you can install it in as many webs as you wish. I bought the mega bundle which may or may not prove to have been an intelligent choice. I am just installing the shopping cart script in my first test website tomorrow so I'll come back here and provide an opinion in a day or two. Check it out if you want. phpjabbers.com - https://www.phpjabbers.com/php-shopping-cart-script/ Tell them James sent you. I've been driving them nuts with never-ending questions.
    Hi There

Any news/update on the Stiva shopping cart?

I'm not sure how you are asking questions, as there question format has a drop down boxing where you ask about scripts I need to know things like how I combine a shop with local couriers in the UK.

Regards Dave

Hi Dave

Yes, you host it and set the database yourself though they'll house it and maintain it for you if I understood correctly.
    I host myself. I'm using it for a client.
    It supports digital or physical products.
    Unlimited categories and unlimited products.
    There is a very - VERY - comprehensive Demo where you can get an extended test for up to a week.
    The shipping is a bit more simplistic but usable for my requirements.
    Not sure about integration with local couriers, I just set a flat rate for different location groups
    RE: the asking of question... Just start a thread in the support section. They answer regular as clockwork mon - fri.

I used ecwid and it was good for up to 10 products on the free version. Lots of whistles if yopu need them and don't mind paying if more than 10 products.
    This Stiva cart, I pay once for the developers license and I can use it over and over again for different clients etc ad infinitum. LOL.

I think this is a simple yet efficient cart that integrates nicely into any site. If you really need more than that then search continues.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Skybeacon View Post
    Hi Dave

Yes, you host it and set the database yourself though they'll house it and maintain it for you if I understood correctly.
    I host myself. I'm using it for a client.
    It supports digital or physical products.
    Unlimited categories and unlimited products.
    There is a very - VERY - comprehensive Demo where you can get an extended test for up to a week.
    The shipping is a bit more simplistic but usable for my requirements.
    Not sure about integration with local couriers, I just set a flat rate for different location groups
    RE: the asking of question... Just start a thread in the support section. They answer regular as clockwork mon - fri.

I used ecwid and it was good for up to 10 products on the free version. Lots of whistles if yopu need them and don't mind paying if more than 10 products.
    This Stiva cart, I pay once for the developers license and I can use it over and over again for different clients etc ad infinitum. LOL.

I think this is a simple yet efficient cart that integrates nicely into any site. If you really need more than that then search continues.

Good luck.
    Hi

Thanks for that sounds good. I did check the demo site & liked the simplicity of it & the back end looks simple too from what I can see.

Ecwid looks oK but I have 18 products & counting so that is a no go for me.

The Stiva I think would fit nicely with what I require & have to check how I can take payments as I would prefer direct to bank to save merchant costs that eat into profits.

If the courier part can be handled then then this looks good, also I prefer to have my own software rather than rely on a platform.

I will see if I can find their question thread.

Thanks again

Regards Dave

I so totally agree with you about the taking bank transfers instead of credit cards.

I was just looking at that and it appears that I can set the shopping cart to be a catalogue format .

I think I may try that for one of my own sites and accept email transfers only to see how it goes.

FYI... the forms script is looking pretty decent too.

It's interesting that you are attracted to bank transfers. As a buyer I would never buy anything with a bank transfer. As a buyer I have very little to no power to reverse (chargeback) the sale should the seller fail. Charge cards (Amex) and credit cards (MC, Visa, etc.) have buyer protection features. I have never seen the same from a US bank for a bank transfer. Mortgage service companies, leasing companies, and most utility companies only accept bank transfers as their electronic payment for the very reason that the payer cannot initiate a chargeback. The merchant fees you are trying to avoid can be high but they do vary quite a bit between merchant account providers.

Hi Dan
    I also meant to take card payments & if you are not comfortable buying products from a website then don't buy whichever way. It's about trusting & having confidence in the company you are buying from.
    PayPal & many merchants eat like crazy into profits over short & medium term.
    Dave

Hi Skybeacon
    How are you getting on with the Stiva Cart?
    Thanks
    Dave