Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Online Store Shopping Cart - Any suggestions Please

Hi All

I trust everyone is well.

Is there any update on the best way to build a shopping cart/online store that also has online payments built-in & relatively simple to update menus for product change names, drop down boxes for payments.

I have build four websites with Xara so I'm in the medium skill sets I guess?

Many Thanks

Dave

Default Re: Online Store Shopping Cart - Any suggestions Please

I have started testing a Form Builder that can manage product lists, prices and online billing https://www.pabbly.com/. For me, it looks promising because while you pay for each form you create, the functionally you have is the full suite. Maybe worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    I have started testing a Form Builder that can manage product lists, prices and online billing https://www.pabbly.com/. For me, it looks promising because while you pay for each form you create, the functionally you have is the full suite. Maybe worth a look.
    Hi Thanks for that, are you then planning to integrate the from in a Xara site>

Can you create baskets & online payments etc?

Thanks again

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Davora View Post
    Hi Thanks for that, are you then planning to integrate the from in a Xara site>

Can you create baskets & online payments etc?

Thanks again

Dave
    Dave,

I believe the answer is yes to baskets and payments. The 'Form' will be integrated into my own initiostar website, much (I hope) the same as any widget.

I will post an update here next week. I'm sure other TGers will have some suggestions too.

Gary

Hi Gary

OK Thanks for that.

Yes I expect some other people to chime in!

Regards

Dave

When I sold goods I used Romancart https://www.romancart.com/

At the time its was not the most graphically impressive system but worked well and was easy to implement.

Tim

Yes, I'd go with Tim. I used Romancart several years ago and found it very simple to set up.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Thanks to all the replies.

I'm still looking & exploring which platform to use. It's a pity Xara doesn't have a more ecommerce friendly set up(?).

Regards

Dave

Hey there.
    Been a xara-ite for many years.... Shopping carts eh?

Just checking out a script I found from an Author in Bulgaria. Stivasoft ... the STIVA Shopping Cart. Costs a bit off the bat ...$89 US but it comes with a year of Support and it's a developers license so you can install it in as many webs as you wish. I bought the mega bundle which may or may not prove to have been an intelligent choice. I am just installing the shopping cart script in my first test website tomorrow so I'll come back here and provide an opinion in a day or two. Check it out if you want. phpjabbers.com - https://www.phpjabbers.com/php-shopping-cart-script/ Tell them James sent you. I've been driving them nuts with never-ending questions.

Hi Skybeacon
    Thanks for that I await your reply. I think it also depends on what you are selling/what you want your shop for & do you host the site yourself?

It looks like you download the script for your site & the build your shop & upload yourself?

What about payments & inventory how does that work, how many categories & setting up shipping costs.

Need to be able to take all those into account, what if the company dissapears or goes out if business where does that leave you?

I have been looking at ecwid as a middle of the road option.

Yes let me know what you think of the Stiva shopping cart.

Thanks Dave