Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi

I only purchased Webstyle 4 a few days ago and have started playing around with it to get to grips with the product. I'm also a newbie when it comes to setting up webpages although I do have a lot of IT experience across a range of technologies.

Anyway, I thought I'd try a simple photo album project which went OK until I tried to reload it back into Webstyle after editing some text in NVu. W4 either shows a runtime/debug error or crashes completely with the usual M$ error dialogue. The pages, however, still load OK in IE or Opera.

For example, I created an album with one image using the Elements template/theme, saved it and loaded it fine in my browser. I then loaded the page into NVu, edited the 'Lore Ipsum' text,saved and again displayed OK. However, loading back into W4 gives a runtime/debug syntax error at line 285. When I tried similar yesterday with 17 images and more text in the 'Lore Ipsum' box, W4 crashed entirely.

Even if I'm doing something wrong somewhere along the line, I'd expect a more graceful termination or error message from W4.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I think I have the same problem.

I created a complet web with Architect template.
    Everything went fine. But after changing the <title>Architect</title> to something else (using Dreamweaver batch rename tool for folder) webstyle4 crushes when trying to load the project.
    And NOTHING helps.

I referred this to Xara and it appears that NVu was reformatting the html which upset Webstyle and caused it to crash in a heap. It would be better if it at least put up an error saying 'unable to handle html' or similar rather than collapsing with an unhelpful o/s abort.

PS Xara did say they'd try raising it in the Nvu forums, but I heard nothing back. My browser seemed happy with the html, and am puzzled why Webstyle wasn't.

I referred this error to Xara.com too, but without any respond.
    It seems webstyle has problem with ONCLICK javascript I added to the site.
    After removal webstyle works.
    How long...