Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: X16 o X17 update confusion

Our older Windows desktop products are sold and supported by distribution partner Magix
    well now that does raise questions - are they going to fork the desktop ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    well now that does raise questions - are they going to fork the desktop ?
    Yes
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

it was rhetoric really - we having been saying this for quite a while have we not... that xara would let the standalone desktop fade away...

le roi est mort, vive le roi !
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@scucca. I was confused as well, but finally got my head around the fact that it’s an update, and NOT a new version. Just a few fixes. Was able to update WD and Graphic designer. By calling this a new number, you’re led to believe this is a whole new version. It’s Xara marketing only. The only time you should pay is when your yearly sub runs out. Download a trial next time before your anniversary date, or just update yearly but paying the sub.
    Most programs indicate new updates by same version number. Ie- v16.xxxx. Not Xara. They give it a whole new number, with a new splash picture.
    I think next time I’ll just buy a newer version, v17 on my anniversary. The improvements are too small to pay three times per year.
    ....and the Cloud. Xara continue to push it. It’s unpopular, and is a solution for corporate, and a platform for collaboration only.
    .. check the number of posts on the Xara Cloud category compared to the rest.
    Xara does offer an explanation to all of this in the pinned updates.

~Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    it was rhetoric really - we having been saying this for quite a while have we not... that xara would let the standalone desktop fade away...

le roi est mort, vive le roi !
    And when it does AFFINITY are going to acquire a lot of new customers.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

They've acquired me. I'm tired of Magix's machinations - this trickery just arrived...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XDP17 WTF.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	127142

Worst thing Xara ever did imo. Affinity Photo and Designer are 50% off at the moment. Using them is like jumping forward into the 21st century.