Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xara Software

Default Re: Xara Software

Hi guys
    New to the forum and also Xara software!. Thought I’d give you an update on this offer. I’m actually on day 21 trialling XP&GD 17 and somehow landed on your post. It’s on offer for £49.95 I think and they sent me a voucher for a tenner off so I’ve been thinking of buying it but the offer you posted seemed too good but I bought it anyway thinking if it updates to 17 great but it downloads 16 and then updates itself to 16.3. Not sure how the update promise thing works but I keep getting an update to 17 offer of £29.99. To be honest for what I use it for I can’t see any difference between 16 and 17 and anyway there’s usually a cheapo update offer in a month or two!. I forgot to mention there is also at bottom right on the basket page before buying it a further 20% code off so I got all the lot for £14 pound something.
    For some reason you also get Music Maker which I haven’t sussed out yet and a pc tuning app ??. The Xara Page & layout seems useful as does the Photo one but I can live without the Photostory and the Web designer seems useful too. So all in all I’m very grateful for the pointer to this and a very happy chap!
    Regards
    Steve
    Last edited by Gasmansteve; 22 May 2020 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Wrong price

Quote Originally Posted by Gasmansteve View Post
    Hi guys
    New to the forum and also Xara software!. Thought I’d give you an update on this offer. I’m actually on day 21 trialling XP&GD 17 and somehow landed on your post. It’s on offer for £49.95 I think and they sent me a voucher for a tenner off so I’ve been thinking of buying it but the offer you posted seemed too good but I bought it anyway thinking if it updates to 17 great but it downloads 16 and then updates itself to 16.3. Not sure how the update promise thing works but I keep getting an update to 17 offer of £29.99. To be honest for what I use it for I can’t see any difference between 16 and 17 and anyway there’s usually a cheapo update offer in a month or two!. I forgot to mention there is also at bottom right on the basket page before buying it a further 20% code off so I got all the lot for £14 pound something.
    For some reason you also get Music Maker which I haven’t sussed out yet and a pc tuning app ??. The Xara Page & layout seems useful as does the Photo one but I can live without the Photostory and the Web designer seems useful too. So all in all I’m very grateful for the pointer to this and a very happy chap!
    Regards
    Steve
    Steve you have a bargain. Welcome aboard.

music maker is useful if you want to make/mix audio tracks - it's not a professional DAW [digital audio workstation - magix do such a thing if you would want it but it's expensive] but it's ok - I use a midi controller keyboard, but you don't have to; they will try to sell you virtual instruments/soundpools/samples etc which is how they make the money from it....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Gasmansteve View Post
    ... but I bought it anyway thinking if it updates to 17 great but it downloads 16 and then updates itself to 16.3. Not sure how the update promise thing works but I keep getting an update to 17 offer of £29.99 ...
    Steve, glad it worked out for you.

Do not pay any more money. The update service should be included. Since you already have 17 (since you're using a trial), you should be able to activate it with the same Licence Code that you used for V16.

Although I've seem posts to the contrary, the update path will NOT work over major version numbers. By that I mean you cannot upgrade from V16 to V17 by using "CHECK FOR UPDATES". Major versions need to be downloaded and activated independently, since you can run V16 and V17 concurrently.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Well cheers again guys!. I actually uninstalled 17 when 16 wouldn`t upgrade to it so just reinstalled 17 again using the same serial number and voila works perfectly. So all the lot up to date for the price of a couple of mags a no brainer!.
    thanks
    again
    Steve

bin the pc tuning app - you should only use such a thing if you actually know what it is doing, and if you know that then you know there are better ways to do it
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    bin the pc tuning app - you should only use such a thing if you actually know what it is doing, and if you know that then you know there are better ways to do it
    Yes I am quite computer savvy and yes there are better tools out there. I was only pointing out what came with the download
    Steve

and the point is made for anyone else reading the thread
    Nothing lasts forever...