Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xara Software

Default Xara Software

This looks like a really good deal ... Anyone interested enough to try it out.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/...undle-by-magix

If I had some money to spare I'd definitely give it a go ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020.05.20_20h09m48s_001_.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	127043

The XP&GD looks like the picture is V16, but it does say "including Update Service", so by the standard rules, since V17 was current when it was bought, then V17 should be the fallback version. I'll see if I can get more information.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: Xara Software

Just out of interest, that's just one of three available MAGIX bundles.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/collect...m_medium=email

It looks like they are available until May 29, 2020, but I may be wrong ... If you're interested, check out the dates for yourself.
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

The offering is indeed interesting.

Whenever I see a sale like that... a bundle for a fraction of the normal cost of any given component, I am admittedly suspicious.

If the company is reputable and the sell legitimate, I would suggest that the versions are quite out of date. I notice that only Page & Layout Design states the version number... which is current but very old. The others are without version. And notice that the Web Designer is NOT the premium.

For someone wanting an introduction into Xara / Magix products, it would be worth $20. But they will surely try to up sell you every time you open the software.

A £20 offer like this may be hard to resist for some.

If you use https://www.xara.com/uk/designer-pro/compare/, you can see the overlap is almost XDPX coverage.

XWD is not XWDP.
    XP&LD11 is old and 32-bit.
    The most versitile is XP&GD being multi-core as well.

The question to ask is actually of Xara, if Magix can deliver almost all of XDPX fo £20, what are you offering?

Buy it, keep all the products and but only use the Update service for XP&GD thereafter.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I bought designer pro 15.1 on a humblebundle deal - program ok but it installed specifcally as an HB version, and whilst OCC etc available, updates to program itself were not... other programs I donated to others; worh the $25 cost on that occasion

this is a different deal, so may not be the same
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I bought designer pro 15.1 on a humblebundle deal - program ok but it installed specifcally as an HB version, and whilst OCC etc available, updates to program itself were not... other programs I donated to others; worh the $25 cost on that occasion
    this is a different deal, so may not be the same
    Their literature states the Update service is available.

And it would be good for Magix to advise what the starting versions might be as Keith mentioned.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by gcellison View Post
    ... I am admittedly suspicious.

If the company is reputable ...
    So was I initially, but I believe that fanatical.com IS a reputable company, and it does say (at least I think I read it, can't find it now) that the licences are supplied by Magix.
    Keith

Fanatical's response to the Version number for XP&GD is:

"You will receive an unlock for MAGIX Photo & Graphic Designer v16.0.0.5"

So I would assume that's your Fallback Version.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Fanatical's response to the Version number for XP&GD is:

"You will receive an unlock for MAGIX Photo & Graphic Designer v16.0.0.5"

So I would assume that's your Fallback Version.
    That sounds right. Version 16.0 is from late 2018, so your fallback version will be older than buying directly from Magix. Still, it appears you can upgrade to v17 and use it until you change computers, or whatnot. That in itself probably makes it worth the $20.

If you decide to take the offer, please let us know how it turns out.

My current FALLBACK version is 15.0 which I hate ... remember SQUISHY?SQUASHY ...

However, if I do buy it, I'm just wasting money ... it really doesn't give me anything I need, except for a different fallback in case of major catastrophe. Is that worth the money ... probably not. I'm still trying to decide whether I "need" to buy Affinity Designer before the offer expires.
    Keith