Tried CorelDRAW 2020. Have Corel decided not to do anything about the artistic media tool? Or I am too dumb.

I can't parametrize any of the line profiles (have no wacom etc, guess it would take line width input from it), so the least I would want is to convert the line thing to shapes so that I can adjust line thinkness by hand. But CTRL+K does not break apart any artistic media into shapes, it does nothing, and I can't find any option like that. So all it offers is line thinkness doing things between [0 and 1] instead of let's say [0.3 and 1]?

Also, it drops down the artistic media drop-down do upwards outside the screen. I mean... it also displays the first entry to the left, the others to the right. And I cannot see what it offers, because the GUI is broken.

When it's like this I could just use Inkscape, also only offers constant line profiles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smurf_house.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	127453

Also, I tried to use no feather, because I guess it's a slow effect, but the right shadow on the smurf house is done with a huge blur effect thing via feather, so I hope it's not slow. It's weird that the highlight thingy on the left side of the blue house body is doable with a elliptical transparency, but the anti-thing on the right side just won't ever look okay with any of the transparency tools, so I used the feather-feature.

In Inkscape all blur things are very slow. But actually if it works in CorelDRAW I could just ignore any of my prejudices about how fast it is.

I have not understood the line thing in CorelDRAW in 2004 and now it's the same, I have no clue. Need to find "break apart media" somewhere.