Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Change in maiin variant does not change in others.

First, I made up a page, grouped everything on my main page and shared to other variants. That page showed up on right side of the other two variants - I was expecting it to replace the other variants. So deleted everything on variants and moved my page from right to the variants and resized.

Now, I made a change to see if everything was working and went to share - unlike when I shared before I grouped the whole page it will now not let me do so - - says I "can not live share" but can make a copy of it. I did so. That copy shows up to the right of the variants just like before and not on the variant itself. The change I make to the main page does not show up on the variants but does show up on the copy to the right. This means I have to delete and move the copy over to the variant every time I make a change.

Note - I saved the one page site - 14KB - and tried to upload it as directed under manage attachments. I had a problem doing so on the file I attached yesterday but finally got it to upload so I could attach it. Today, I have spent over :30 mins trying several different times and the file will not upload. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Change in maiin variant does not change in others.

Try uploading a single page. The maximum file size you can upload I think is 10MB. Or use DropBox or one of the file share apps to provide a download link.

jeb, this is a simplistic overview of what a Variant is for. For more detail, you have to read the PDF Manual or Help file.

A Variant is a narrower (mostly) version of what Xara calls Main.
    Treat Main like a window with the curtains fully open.
    When you create a Variant from Main, the shapes in Main are copied over to the Variant design page.
    The curtain is drawn form the right and some shapes will not be visible as they are off the page.
    As the designer, you have to choose what and where to place.

Avoid creating more than two Variants and use the scale to Fit Width option to help smooth over the variance with devices resolutions.
    Everything is wrapped into one HTML file with the Main/Variants revealed through coding that detects the viewport width.
    This get worse if you decide to go Supersite.

You therefore need to follow the KISS principle and keep Variants lightweight. Less text, fewer images, longer scrolling pages, different NavBars.

You have choices over size for shapes and text areas and font sizes to better suit a smaller page presentation.
    You can only have the same named pages across Main and Variants.

A newly-minted Variant has most of its content live-shared.
    Repeating objects cannot be shared.
    Unshare if changing text. Change the font to a new once too.
    Images can be cropped and still shared.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Tks, guys - never could find a way to add a page so started all over again with the "free supersite example". It is the one I started with before I somehow screwed up and lost the other pages.

I have watched what little is on Xara videos and on FB on Xara supersites. On those videos/fb it shows making up the main page and then sharing - they then just drag/drop onto the variants. But when I do this it leaves all the original text, etc UNDER what I have dropped on top. I would assume then that all the coding for what is under is in a saved/unloaded file - which one would not want to have. Should I delete all on the original page(s) and drop?

Sorry about all the questions but the last time I was working with Xara webdesign was 2014 so I have forgotten all I knew at that time. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com