Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can't repel text

Using D Pro 12 - never had a problem getting text to repel before.

Selected photo, went to arrange, repelling and anchoring - checked repel text around this graphic and rectangular repelling, set .6 and click OK. Text does not repel. Tried several times with two different pics. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Can't repel text

Is the text below the photo Jeb?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Info Re: Can't repel text

Two other things to check.
    1. You have not added repelling to the text as well. An easy mistake.
    2. If the picture is on a different layer then the Layer Properties do not have Text repelling within layer only set.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Egg, the text is not grouped to the background. It is BEHIND the pic when I move the pic over it. Acron, I have set the text to repel as well but never had to do that in the older versions of Designer. Moving either text or pic back and forward on layers does nothing. This use to be so simple.
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

No jeb, you must not set the Text to also repel. I did suggest that that might be the issue.

Upload your design file. It will be far quicker.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Don't have text set to repel. How do I attach file? If the file has all 3 variants click on them and you can see the other problem I have. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

When you respond, click Go Advanced (bottom right and next to Post Quick Reply)

Scroll down to Manage Attachments then click Add Files > Browse and browse to the location of your file.

Click Open and the file will be attached to your response.

I think the limit for an upload is 10MB so if your document is larger than this, do this:

Go to the page you have having issues with.

Right click and select Copy Page.

Create a new webpage and right click and select Paste Page. Save that page and upload it here.

Tks - here's the file - but it is just one page so does not have the other variants on it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Jeb, your problem is that you are using Text Lines. You need to use either Text Columns or Text Areas:

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Cheers Egg.

Acorn