Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Scrolling Iframes on Ipad

I have an iframe on my golf course website that displays a third party tee booking system. It scrolls nicely on PC's and Android phones, but will not scroll on Ipads or Iphones.
    This is not a new problem. I've discovered from searching for a solution that the problem has been around for years. Apparently, you used to be able to use 2 fingers to scroll an iframe, but Apple took that capability away with an upgrade to their operating system some time ago.

The problem has nothing to do with Xara software, so I figured I'd post it here. I'm sure a lot of designers have had this issue. Does anyone have a solution?

Default Re: Scrolling Iframes on Ipad

Hi STS, no I've no solution either but it's a real pia. As you state iframes scroll fine on Desktops, laptops and tablets but totally fail on Apple devices. It's a real bummer!
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 19 May 2020 at 01:28 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Did find this but I can't get it to work as expected. Perhaps Acorn or Siran could pitch in.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Did find this but I can't get it to work as expected. Perhaps Acorn or Siran could pitch in.
    Love to help but I have no Apple stuff.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Egg Bramhill:

Thanks for your response. I had found that reference too with similar results (negative). It also works on my Android phone. Interestingly, when my lady got home yesterday, I tried my site on her newer Ipad and newer Iphone and it scrolls! So, for those like me who still have older Apple stuff, it looks like we need to spring for new toys.
    Thanks again for your input.

Interesting STS. I've worked on this for considerable time. I did manage to get it working on my iPhone six & an even older iPad. But I can't get it working every time!!!

Give this a view on your iPhone and try it on your wifes phone. Only the right side scrolls but not the left, which just opens up the whole link.

TRY ME
    Egg

Egg,

I took a look with my Iphone 7 with the newest software update and both sides scroll fine. I did notice it was easier to scroll when zoomed in a little.

Ray

Well, both iframes scroll nicely on my PC and Android phone. They both scroll on my wife's new Ipad. But on my old beast of an Ipad, the left hand box is tall enough that scrolling isn't necessary. The right hand box (spreadsheet) scrolls OK. I can't try her phone until she gets home from work.
    I saw RKissane's entry and tried zooming the left hand box, but that had no effect. It was still a tall box with all text showing and hence, didn't need scrolling. Weird.

Cheers Ray & STS. I got my Grandaughter to look at it on her iPhone11 and she said both scrolled correctly, so it is indeed the hardware/software age. Screen-grabs:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	127039   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	172.6 KB 
ID:	127040  

Egg

By the way, here's the iframe code I used:

<div style="overflow: auto!important; -webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch!important;">

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/document/..... etc" width=100% height=300px scrolling=yes></iframe>

</div>
    Egg