Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Calling an external page

Quote Originally Posted by Windjamer View Post
    Thanks, Egg, I'll give it a try when I get back to that file. Your DEMO wouldn't load in Chrome or Firefox for some reason. Timed out.
    Thanks to all for your suggestions and expertise!
    I had similar. It was a problem with docs.google.com yesterday for some. All working now with me.

Acorn

P.S. Egg - Thank you for sharing.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Works for me now, too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temp.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	127038

I've got this working with the widget in a placeholder. However, the note appears in a scrolling box. I have been through the widget instructions but can't find how to size and control (edit) the box. Thoughts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temp.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	127038

I've got this working with the widget in a placeholder. However, the note appears in a scrolling box. I have been through the widget instructions but can't find how to size and control (edit) the box. Thoughts?
    You need to add the width and height and any border you want (example code below). Depending on the size of your document (width and height) you can adjust the size of your placeholder to show the document as you would want to see it viewed. Best in the first instance to make the placeholder the same (w) & (h) as the iframe. You can then increase the size of the placeholder such that the scrollbars are not needed (where possible) and do not therefore appear. You can use a HEX colour reference for the border to match your website colour theme, or put border:none.

Code:
     <iframe src="https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSiM9XU2r37CsdpmJdQ-8zQKDKhkHN1q7HyEpEID3UX0XGKvXzz4e0OAMjP_UQzPowinUSYABsmnO7u/pub?embedded=true" style="border:solid 1px #59821f" width="480" height="600"></iframe>

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    You need to add the width and height and any border you want (example code below). Depending on the size of your document (width and height) you can adjust the size of your placeholder to show the document as you would want to see it viewed. Best in the first instance to make the placeholder the same (w) & (h) as the iframe. You can then increase the size of the placeholder such that the scrollbars are not needed (where possible) and do not therefore appear. You can use a HEX colour reference for the border to match your website colour theme, or put border:none.

Code:
     <iframe src="https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSiM9XU2r37CsdpmJdQ-8zQKDKhkHN1q7HyEpEID3UX0XGKvXzz4e0OAMjP_UQzPowinUSYABsmnO7u/pub?embedded=true" style="border:solid 1px #59821f" width="480" height="600"></iframe>
    Thanks for this, Initiostar, it works perfectly. I just had to copy and paste your added code and change the numbers you entered.

Is this some instruction I couldn't/didn't find, or just knowledge from being a code writer? I'd rather not both you guys as much as I do.

Thanks for this, Initiostar, it works perfectly. I just had to copy and paste your added code and change the numbers you entered.

Is this some instruction I couldn't/didn't find, or just knowledge from being a code writer? I'd rather not both you guys as much as I do.
    You will not find this in any Xara Help. I experienced the issue you had a long time ago and headed off to school: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.asp. Inserting (w) and (h) works for some widgets, but not all.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    You will not find this in any Xara Help. I experienced the issue you had a long time ago and headed off to school: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.asp. Inserting (w) and (h) works for some widgets, but not all.

Gary
    Wow! I'm going to have to put aside some time for that! Thanks for being the one to do the painful stuff.