Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Auto-fit and Variants

So I'm desperately trying to find a way to make my website stretch across the page no matter how large the browser window is. I found a wonderful article that explained that you can right-click on an object and select "auto-fit to page". When I try to right click on an object, I don't see "auto-fit. Please tell mde I can do this in Web Designer 10 Premium. I don't want to upgrade now, but I suspect that's what I'll have to do to get this feature.

Default Re: Auto-fit and Variants

Quote Originally Posted by Poouster View Post
    So I'm desperately trying to find a way to make my website stretch across the page no matter how large the browser window is. I found a wonderful article that explained that you can right-click on an object and select "auto-fit to page". When I try to right click on an object, I don't see "auto-fit. Please tell mde I can do this in Web Designer 10 Premium. I don't want to upgrade now, but I suspect that's what I'll have to do to get this feature.
    Sorry it cannot.

In XWDP10 you have Utilities > Web export Options > Supersite > Page Transitions > Scale to Fit Screen.

Auto-fit to page is a design page feature, it does not scale the presentation in the web browser.

XWDP17 adds Scale to Fit Width which is really used with Variants to stretch the page just enough before the next Variant takes over.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Pooster - You need to update your profile. It shows WD 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sorry it cannot.

In XWDP10 you have Utilities > Web export Options > Supersite > Page Transitions > Scale to Fit Screen.

Auto-fit to page is a design page feature, it does not scale the presentation in the web browser.

XWDP17 adds Scale to Fit Width which is really used with Variants to stretch the page just enough before the next Variant takes over.

Acorn
    Thanks for the info Acorn,

I understand that scale to fit is used WITH variants. So if I wanted to download XWDP17 Where would I go? The versions after 10 I saw were

Web Designer 365 Premium (12.4.1) - 32-bit
    Web Designer 365 Premium (12.4.1) - 64-bit
    Web Designer 11
    Web Designer 11 Premium - 32-bit
    Web Designer 11 Premium - 64-bit

Do I have to get 17? Do any of these have a similar feature?

Scale to Fit Width was introduced in version 16.0, so you would have to go for v17.

As to "Where would I go?" No idea what you are asking.
    Your application probably nags you all about this. Failing that https://www.magix.com/us/web/xara-web-designer/ and Upgrade.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat