Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Table Widget Questions.....

I am using Web Designer 11 Premium. (11.2.5.42127 DL x64 Dec 9 2015)

I have inserted a table widget (the only one available) from the online content catalog on a page. Inserting & editing the textual data works fine.

My problem:

The text I want displayed in the table widgets rows & columns are often quite large numbers: i.e. "32,684,254". The table data is by default "comma delimited", so being forced to enter 32684254 without any comma's makes it extremely difficult to read. I have tried entering 32.684.254 using periods which solves (sort of) my visual separation/comprehension problem, but then column sorting doesn't work correctly.

Is there a way for me to enter the data WITH the commas at every 1,000 and not have each comma's text be displayed under the next column????

Is there perhaps a character in a different font that looks like a comma but it's hex code ISN'T coded as a comma?

Is there an equally easy to use table widget available through XARA (or anywhere else) that is NOT comma delimited?

Default Re: Table Widget Questions.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wodlik View Post
    I am using Web Designer 11 Premium. (11.2.5.42127 DL x64 Dec 9 2015)

I have inserted a table widget (the only one available) from the online content catalog on a page. Inserting & editing the textual data works fine.

My problem:

The text I want displayed in the table widgets rows & columns are often quite large numbers: i.e. "32,684,254". The table data is by default "comma delimited", so being forced to enter 32684254 without any comma's makes it extremely difficult to read. I have tried entering 32.684.254 using periods which solves (sort of) my visual separation/comprehension problem, but then column sorting doesn't work correctly.

Is there a way for me to enter the data WITH the commas at every 1,000 and not have each comma's text be displayed under the next column????

Is there perhaps a character in a different font that looks like a comma but it's hex code ISN'T coded as a comma?

Is there an equally easy to use table widget available through XARA (or anywhere else) that is NOT comma delimited?
    I use this: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...572#post606572.

For the Xara Widget, all I know that will work is the HTML code for a comma:

Code:
    Categories, Apples, Pears, Oranges, Bananas
    John, 8, 4, 6, 5
    Jane, 5, 7, 9, 8
    Joe, 8, 32,684,254, 7, 7
    Janet, 3, 6, 3, 10
    James,5,7,12,32,684,254
    Joanne,4,9,4,7
    There is the Low Acute Accent that also could be used ( U+02CF or &02CF; ):
    Categories, Apples, Pears, Oranges, Bananas
    John, 8, 4, 6, 5
    Jane, 5, 7, 9, 8
    Joe, 8, 32ˏ684ˏ254, 7, 7
    Janet, 3, 6, 3, 10
    James,5,7,12,32ˏ684ˏ254
    Joanne,4,9,4,7
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If you put it in quotes, does it treat it as a single piece of text?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    If you put it in quotes, does it treat it as a single piece of text?
    The trick to such questions is to try it.

Xara's JSON Parser fails this obvious approach.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If your data is predominantly numeric, you could consider using Google Sheets, enter the data, make it public and create a placeholder to include the iframe code generated from Google Sheets.

I use this approach as it makes it easy to update the table at source.

Gary

Nope, it displays the quote marks in the field (& a S/L of other characters I tried)

I downloaded The Table Generator: HTML Table.xwr & open it using XARA.

EXACTLY what I needed - Love being able to enter numbers with comma's, change text colors, backgrounds, alignment etc.
    THANK YOU!

I generated several different tables & saved them.

First I imbedded the <style> tag/code in the Web Page Properties in the HTML Code {head}

Then I imbedded the <table> tag/code in the Web Page Properties in the HTML Code {body}

The table shows up correctly, but only at the very top of the page - How do I go about relocating the table somewhere in the middle of my page?

Also, the Table Generator allows me to change the order that the Columns are displayed in (GREAT)

But

Is there a procedure that allows me to change the order of the Rows?
    Can I cut & paste an entire row?

You should add your HTML Table detail into a Placeholder Body (code) but the Widget should be doing all this anyhow.

Drag HTML Table.xwr onto your design page.
    It opens.

I use the Table Generator > Files > Paste table data > Load from MS Excel.
    I hit the Generate button and then Preview.
    Finally, click the Copy to clipboard followed by the Widget Insert button.

The widget is set up on your page where you can resize and re-position it.

You can separate the CSS styling into Page Head by all means or run it with no formatting.

The best row adjustment is within Excel. Thereafter it is Cut & Paste within the Paste table data window.

If it is a CSV Import I select all data, Copy and, again, use the Paste table data window.

Acorn

Thanks Much

Will try it now.

ACORN

Thanks again for this table generator widget. It is exactly what I wanted. VERY easy to change & update by having my source data in an Excel file........

I may have either found a sorting bug in the Table Generator Widget
    OR
    I am (more than likely) doing something wrong.

I am creating a Table that is 5 columns wide by 62 rows long.

I Paste the table data (mixed comma delimited numbers & text) from an Excel spreadsheet (Excel 2000 Pro version - OLD, but still free forever).

I make needed changes to the imported table, (deleting columns, data alignment, color, etc).

Theme:
    Orange Header with White lettering.
    Borders around each individual cell.

The Table options I am using are:
    Make table responsive.
    First row is a table header.
    Enable table sorting.

I click on Generate.
    I click on Preview.
    I click on Copy to clipboard.
    I paste the table on my web page.

THE SORT PROBLEM I AM SEEING ONCE IT IS UPLOADED:

With a 59 row (& larger) table, columns C & E sort incorrectly:
    i.e.

etc.

With a 58 row (& smaller) table, columns C & E sort correctly:
    i.e.

etc.

The below URL sorts incorrectly in the # OF NEW DEATHS TODAY & the # OF NEW CASES TODAY columns. The other 3 columns sort correctly.

http://www.gaslightpolitics.com/covi...a_saturday.htm

This URL sorts correctly in all columns.

http://www.gaslightpolitics.com/covid-19_usa_sunday.htm