Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info The Ultimate Xara Backgrounds

In moving from one website styling to another, I have been annoyed by the Xara design inconsistencies.

Here is a document that collects my thoughts as to how I have overcome most of them.
    It does require careful reading and experimenting to get the solution across.

The Ultimate Xara Backgrounds File.xar

In summary, I have remove the Pasteboard background Layer and replaced with a mostly page-aligned Stretchy solution.
    Sadly, removing the Page background Layer adds a further complication: at its simplest you could add 100% Transparency to the Shadow Group.

Acorn

@Xara - it would be nice for us for you not to force a shadow on us each and every time.
    @Xara - it would be nice for us for you to fix Placeholder accesses that reset the design to a Conventional website.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: The Ultimate Xara Backgrounds

Interesting inconsistencies. Is there a closer design relationship between presentations and supersites?

@Acorn
    @Xara - it would be nice for us for you to fix Placeholder accesses that reset the design to a Conventional website
    In the last few days playing with Placeholders (in the Ultimate Slider thread), on more than one occasion I hit the wall. Can you explain your quote? My guess I have hit problem, but did not understand what it was!

Gary

Gary, if you have a Superiste with any Placeholder, changing and saving the code resets the site to Conventional.

I reported this aeons ago, with the usual Xara glacial response of absolute zero.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Gary, if you have a Superiste with any Placeholder, changing and saving the code resets the site to Conventional.

I reported this aeons ago, with the usual Xara glacial response of absolute zero.

Acorn
    Acorn,

Thanks, I'd not tried that, so I'll avoid it now!

Gary