Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Re: A new subscription option combining Designer Pro and Xara Cloud

Good morning:
    With the increasing use of Wordpress and other CMS platforms, I'm interested in how I could offer online collaboration / updating to my clients for their existing website. It seems everyone wants to be able to update their websites without intervention by a webmaster. If I have a customer who is interested in managing their own updates, how would I "plug them in"? Would I provide the client with a userid and password? Is it possible to restrict their activities to a portion or portions of a website so the overall design isn't damaged? Would it be best for me to pay the annual fee and then charge the client monthly or annually for access?
    I'd be interested to hear how others are handling this. Thanks.

To clarify, I'm not talking about Wordpress sites. I'm talking about my Xara sites and a few of my clients who have expressed desire to modify their own content. Do others here have similar issues, and if so how are they handling it?

Quote Originally Posted by STS View Post
    To clarify, I'm not talking about Wordpress sites. I'm talking about my Xara sites and a few of my clients who have expressed desire to modify their own content. Do others here have similar issues, and if so how are they handling it?
    Hi STS, This is one of the top 3 use case Xara is seeing with customers, and clearly some of the opportunity with the new offering launch. Open to an interview with a product manager to discuss this? DM me and I'll facilitate it. Thanks.
    Matt
    CEO of Xara

Sure.