Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Automatic movement and resizing of objects and text area as browser is resized

Some time ago someone (not me) posted this website they designed with wordpress https://ssfworktops.co.uk/. The four product graphics and text automatically move and resize automatically. Is there a way to do this in Xara Designer Pro? I've used variants and you can tell when it changes to a new variant, but the movement in between must be done another way. Thanks!

Default Re: Automatic movement and resizing of objects and text area as browser is resized

No, Xara's Variants offer a responsive solution; what you offered is adaptive.

You can make Variants with Scale to Fit width, wetting the breakpoints, to make the transitions a little more subtle.

Adaptive is a possible future offering but Xara needs to handle text block better before that would be effective.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Automatic movement and resizing of objects and text area as browser is resized

Thank you Acorn. That makes perfect sense. I try to make just two web variants, one for the phone and one for the desktop. The website I was working with is www.jerrys-furniture.com. (I don't do this professionally) you can see my website at www.sclerodermajourney.com. I finally got their logo changed to a vector graphic (had to manually trace it, bitmap trace wouldn't work - I had to scan it off a business card to get it.), and now I set the publish option to automatically go widescreen. Yes, everything enlarges, but I think it is still acceptable. Most people use their phone anyway, and they have a lot of older customers that prefer everything larger if they are using a large screen. I have been following your posts with siren and egg-brahm egg? on making the widgets fullscreen, and widescreen slideshows. You are all quite amazing. I understand the implementation and have tried them on practice situations, but haven't actually utilized them. Thanks!